Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes IS on the shortlist, not sure about McLaren

Repeating what MM said, not whether he's right or wrong. My opinion on Hughes if he was on the list, I'm pretty sure he'd be signed up by now and we're reading far too much into his contractuals.

we have a good relationship with fulham, so it wouldnt surprise me if we were waiting for them to get something sorted so they'd let us talk to hughes

who is left?

van gaal - excellent manager managed ajax in the 1990's managing such talents as davids, seadorf, de boer brothers, won anything and everything with them, so he has brought youth players into the first team and signed decent players for them also and was successful

he managed barca TWICE! winning the league and a cup in his first time

AZ made the champions of their league

bayern won them the league and got them to finals of the champions league

he is a winner, he is available

Hitzfeld, currently switz manager ( as we saw, his team playerd wuite well against england the other night )

another winner, with his switz job not going great and was making noises about possibly leaving this job so a possibility.

he has managed in swtiz and german leagues winning league titles for dortmand and the champions league with dortmand

he has managed bayern and won the league 2 years in a row, and lost to man uts in the finals of the champions league ( the 2 lucky 90th minues goals win) and then won the champions league a couple years later

dont know how gettable he would be but is certaily up there with top managers

rijkaard has managed barca, won the league, won the champions league.

with galatasary ( a once strong club who have not been good since 2007) he took them from a 44 point finish before he arrived to a 64 point finish in his first year, 20 point jump is not to be sniffed at. he didnt do so well this last year but still got 46 points, better than before he joined.

benitez- while i dont like what he has done publically, almost like he has had a break down the way he finished at liverpoo and his media war with club owners, as a manager he has been successful managing in spain, england and a very brief stint in italy.

in spain in 3 seasons he won the league 2 times and also won the eufa cup, valencia were not crap when he took them over and had some good players and had lost the last 2 champion league finals before he arrived so the team was still a very good one .

for liverpoo he got a 5th finish and champions league win in season 1 then 3rd and the fa cup then a chapmoins league final loss the next season and his best season he got liverpoo 2nd

he spent a shit load of money but was at war with the liverpoo board for the last 3 years of his liverpoo job which cant have helped too much.

if we dont appoint one of the above ( benitze being my least favourite by a long way) then it must be someone of the SAME or higher standing

anything less and i fear for the club

Hughes IS on the shortlist, not sure about McLaren

Repeating what MM said, not whether he's right or wrong. My opinion on Hughes if he was on the list, I'm pretty sure he'd be signed up by now and we're reading far too much into his contractuals.

we have a good relationship with fulham, so it wouldnt surprise me if we were waiting for them to get something sorted so they'd let us talk to hughes

If we had a good relationship with Fulham we would have tried to deal no matter where Fulham were in their search for a replacement. Remember Hughes RESIGNED.

which leaves a list of who?

rijkaard, moyes and benitez?

Moyes

Benitez

Coyle

Martinez

Rijkaard

Curbishley?

Hoddle?

Raneiri?

Koeman?

Klinsmann?

Bradley?

Bilic?

Van Gaal?

Holloway?

Raneiri?

Flores?

Lambert?

or someone we haven't thought of yet...?

which leaves a list of who?

rijkaard, moyes and benitez?

Moyes

Benitez

Coyle

Martinez

Rijkaard

Curbishley?

Hoddle?

Raneiri?

Koeman?

Klinsmann?

Bradley?

Bilic?

Van Gaal?

Holloway?

Raneiri?

Flores?

Lambert?

or someone we haven't thought of yet...?

Sven

Someone has just tweeted that MYSTERYMAN has posted on a forum to say it's not McClaren or Hughes.

Now i know that info was passed onto us by Mazrim but why is MM posting somewhere else after dumping us? I feel like i've been cheated on!

Yep, heroes and villans forum.

Oh dear... I feel like my girlfriend has told me she's a lesbian, only to find her in the bed of another man :-(

he's also been on ianrobo's site... Its like the other man is your dad!

like last season, they'll probably wait untill the transfer window has closed and unveil someone who was available all along. wouldnt suprise me at all.

Which part of that ridiculus statement was 'like last season'?

when did MON leave? when did houllier take over? during which time did the transfer window not expire? coincidence?

Is this serious? Please tell me you are on the wind up, or 8 years old?

not a wind up. they wound down the clock purposely. like it or not, tell me one FOOTBALL decision the board has got right. Ireland? MON didnt want him, he wanted the cash but the board wanted ireland to replace milner. houllier? after his initial presser he flew back to finish work with the fff leaving us still managerless. they released some money in january, and luckily houllier was allowed to chose his targets, only to protect their invesment. dont get me wrong off the field there has been far more good things done by the board, and i am still 100% behind randy but any football decisions they have had to make have been a disaster. lets just hope they redeem themselves this time. or maybe they'll appoint mcclaren. it really wouldnt suprise me. leave FOOTBALL decisions to FOOTBALL people.

So who are these FOOTBALL people that should be making the decisions?

Reliable sources on other forums are saying the same as Mazrim. Hughes and McLaren have never been in the frame!

I can relax now and let Randy take his time over it, knowing that its not going to be McLaren

It's a disgrace if that's true. Just renewed my season ticket based on the exciting reports about Steve coming to villa. I would bitterly disappointed in the board if Steve doesn't come in.

FFS mate get real, McClaren is shit and you know it, all this Steve this and Steve that bullshit makes me want to puke...