Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

If Randy Learner doesn't name the new manger in the next 4 minuets, I'm going to kill the first born son of everyone in Egypt. Time to get Biblical on your asses!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there has been contact, Nothing more. MM said he has been ruled out.

Then why contact him?

Did they ask him where the best place was, to get a tan?

Taylor was one of those appraoched for their advice when MoN walked out, and guess what...he mentions Maclaren, and suddenly we are contacting him.

Hopefully, after the Villa PR team read the anti Maclaren sentiment on here and other forums, they pulled the plug quickly 8)

What do you expect seriously its been 6 days since houlliers test confirmed he couldnt carry on, you may say its been a month but thats rubbish they intended to keep gh on if health was not an issue he'd still be our manager. Not even a week and weve got raging "fans" going mental because randy hasnt appointed the first man to hand in his cv. :bang:

Your opinion.

But Freidel has cited the managrial uncertainty at villa as to why he chose to jump ship. - and what should have been a routine appointment - has now once more turned into a circus.

They should have gone for Mark Hughes pretty swiftly.

True we have to wait and see - and the board could yet pleasantly surprise us - but I wouldn't count on it.

Freidel left because we offered him a 1 yr extension and Spurs offere 2 yr.

Dont let his excuses hide that fact.

But Freidel has cited the managrial uncertainty at villa as to why he chose to jump ship

rather than saying he wanted the cash! easy answer isnt necessarily the right one

i think some people just need to stay away from the red tops for a while, they must be loving the reaction to mcclaren being linked as well as talksports seemingly completely unfounded MON link last night from which the producers of that show will have a perma grin on today

Then why contact him?

Taylor was one of those appraoched for their advice when MoN walked out, and guess what...he mentions Maclaren, and suddenly we are contacting him.

Hopefully, after the Villa PR team read the anti Maclaren sentiment on here and other forums, they pulled the plug quickly 8)

Contact could also mean he approached us.

Then why contact him?

I didnt say we contacted him.

Do the media know any more than any one here. So far we have had Ancelotti joins on Friday, Ancellotti taking a sabbatical so Jol is in the frame. The next day Jol signs for Fulham so now McClaren gets his name mentioned. I think if the media mentioned the Spice Girls or Vinny Jones in relation to the job panic would set in.

Bloody he'll I've only gone 4 pages back and already have been out off by the childish impatient posts by some. This us a huge job that needs time taken over it to get it right this time round.

I work in the bar in the Villa Park boardroom and I can confirm Jose Mourinho is one of the candidates.

No you cant. And there isnt a bar in the Villa Park boardroom.

Nice try though.

What do you expect seriously its been 6 days since houlliers test confirmed he couldnt carry on, you may say its been a month but thats rubbish they intended to keep gh on if health was not an issue he'd still be our manager. Not even a week and weve got raging "fans" going mental because randy hasnt appointed the first man to hand in his cv.

Incorrect mate.

The medical reports (well, five of the six that were produced) all concluded that Ged could INFACT carry on in the job, Ged himself even said that he wants to carry on in the job. So the fact that both parties came to some sort of 'mutual agreement' to part ways would suggest that the board did infact want Houllier out, but werew looking for some sort of backing from doctors that would avoid sacking Houllier, hence not having to pay off the remainder of his contract.

So, like i said, whay is this taking so long when the board knew (or had a good idea) months ago that Houllier would eventually be replaced??? Whereas its took Fulham, what, 4/5 days to appoint a manager. Its just unprofessional.

Its been 6 days FFS! You can say the board knew well before then that he was going when in reality they didnt because they were awaiting further medical tests. We havent got a game until mid August, We dont report back to pre-season training until 4th July and officially the transfer window doesnt open until 1st July.

Yawn. See what ive written above.

I work in the bar in the Villa Park boardroom and I can confirm Jose Mourinho is one of the candidates.

No you cant. And there isnt a bar in the Villa Park boardroom.

Nice try though.

I thought in light of this thread, with the outlandish stuff I have read already it was maybe worth me adding my complete outlandish claim for the guys that believe everything they read.

You COMPLETE and UTTER IDIOT. You are lying and making it up. I know you are.

There's no way Mourinho would take a job in a bar.

:)

What do you expect seriously its been 6 days since houlliers test confirmed he couldnt carry on, you may say its been a month but thats rubbish they intended to keep gh on if health was not an issue he'd still be our manager. Not even a week and weve got raging "fans" going mental because randy hasnt appointed the first man to hand in his cv.

Incorrect mate.

The medical reports (well, five of the six that were produced) all concluded that Ged could INFACT carry on in the job, Ged himself even said that he wants to carry on in the job. So the fact that both parties came to some sort of 'mutual agreement' to part ways would suggest that the board did infact want Houllier out, but werew looking for some sort of backing from doctors that would avoid sacking Houllier, hence not having to pay off the remainder of his contract.

So, like i said, whay is this taking so long when the board knew (or had a good idea) months ago that Houllier would eventually be replaced??? Whereas its took Fulham, what, 4/5 days to appoint a manager. Its just unprofessional.

Incorrect. The medical report they were waiting for recommended Houllier rest until August/September at the earliest and ideally longer. Villa then had to decide to keep him on as manager as usual, with plenty of risks or call it a day based on those results. They decided on the latter about a week ago now.

Randy Lerner places a great deal of faith in the actual face to face interview of a management candidate. When he appointed Eric Mangini as Brown's coach in 2009 it was after a "compelling" interview in which EM was said to have fascinated RL.

The slight problem with trying to identify a candidate who totally shares your vision in an interview, is that less talented candidates may be better at bullsh*tting than their better qualified competitors.