Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Or the board are flooding the media with McLaren because we are so fickle as fans that this will lower our expectations so much that when we do appoint somebody we will be relieved and happy it isn't McLaren :)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am almost scared to go on newsnow - it just Mclaren, Mclaren, Mclaren - his name is being mentioned everywhere - Im fearing the worst.
It wont be McClaren. Do people honestly think Randy wants to lose money (because he will)?

Who's to say that McClaren is being interviewed for the managers position? He's a respected coach so who knows, maybe a nicely paid coaching role will do his reputation no harm at all, afterall I'm sure that the manager will want his own coaching staff. Or maybe a more plausible role within the club, like the office tea boy.

I'm not being fickle here but if we get McLaren I'm not renewing my season ticket. People will probably say the club don't need fans like me, but following the Houllier appointment, this'll be the 2nd time the board haven't listened to the fans, who clearly know their stuff, about who they want.

We're not expecting Mourinho or Guardiola..... But McLaren?

Shopping at the Bull Ring with the missus on a Saturday afternoon it will be.

I feel the same.

I just wonder if it is the ginger one - could he becoming underneath a DOF -such as Graham Taylor - that would be good the club co do with his organisational skills at the moment.

ok, lets think totally off-beat...

how about the first ever female Premier League manager? Karen Brady anyone?

Would you smash it?

Indeed. With a Slazenger V600 upside her greasy head.

I'm not being fickle here but if we get McLaren I'm not renewing my season ticket. People will probably say the club don't need fans like me, but following the Houllier appointment, this'll be the 2nd time the board haven't listened to the fans, who clearly know their stuff, about who they want.

To be fair I'm with you, I would just simply find it hard not to renew my season ticket...my brain would say no and my heart would say "but its for the villa".

I will be horrified if he becomes the manager and it would be a stark "**** you" directly from the top as there is no way they are not fully aware just how **** off the fans would be if that was the appointment. I mean his right hand man is on this very forum posting so they simply cannot say they are unaware of what the fans think.

I truly believe this is all ramping as its called in the stockmarket, keep saying Mclaren and give odds on betfair , the more people think it will the more people will bet and someone makes a pretty penny when its not Mclaren. Illegal but it happens.

Andre Villa Boas , surely the hottest property in European management.

Why has this guys name never been mentioned at all ?

wasnt his buy out clause 30m euros or something insane ?

The answer is in the question. He's way out of our reach.

(but he's still be mentioned somewhere in this thread)

wasnt his buy out clause 30m euros or something insane ?

Why would he leave Porto to come to Villa!?

What makes me laugh is the assumption that McClaren has been in any way sounded out by the board.

How does anyone know this?

A few mentions by ITKs or the press, the bookies odds change slightly which throws up yet more stories, and the circle continues.

Now we have people throwing around accusations about the board, even threats to bring back season tickets. Based on what, a few rumours that have got out of hand.

Get a grip!

I feel the same.

I just wonder if it is the ginger one - could he becoming underneath a DOF -such as Graham Taylor - that would be good the club co do with his organisational skills at the moment.

:lol:

Yup the fans know best.

If it was up to the fans Downing would have been sold before last season and we would have bankrupted the club 10 times over.

Yeah us fans know how it all works.

I truly believe this is all ramping as its called in the stockmarket, keep saying Mclaren and give odds on betfair , the more people think it will the more people will bet and someone makes a pretty penny when its not Mclaren. Illegal but it happens.

not ramping imo, it's us using leaks to the media to cover the fact that we've been talking to hughes illegally

Mclaren, Rafa - or if we are very lucky Hughes. How this club has fallen in little over a year.

Not really, McLaren and Rafa have achieved more than MON (you can't count the two horse race that is the SPL).

I noticed the speculation surrounding McClaren intensified after most of us on this board (and I presume others) expressed our deep dislike of McClaren as Villa manager. Perhaps the board know this and have been leaking false information about McClaren but in actual fact have been working on getting Ancelotti, so that he's unveiled as Villa manager one morning to everyone's complete surprise and the fans are even happier?

You never know ;)

not ramping imo, it's us using leaks to the media to cover the fact that we've been talking to hughes illegally

Or that, which I wouldn't mind actually as Hughes is far better than most of the candidates out there.