Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I can't believe some of the things I read. Dithering? It's June 7th.

Our last manager is less than a week gone and nobody knows what's happening behind the scenes but it's probably very hectic and still they're dithering. Nonsense.

Time to step away from the computer and relax maybe?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the **** does a club the size and stature of Aston Villa spend so much time dithering around?

We are a club steeped in history and must surely have an attraction to successful managers? Yet either no-one wants to touch us with a barge pole or we have a board that is completely inadequate of negotiating to get the right man.

Having just heard that Martin Jol has joined Fulham, who for me are a lot less of an attractive proposition than Villa, why have we not bothered speaking to him, why have we not tried to tempt him to our famous club?

Getting really **** off with the way our club spends so much valuable time dithering...

I would leave this one well alone mate. I said someting similar yesterday and i got jumped on for 'not having a clue how football works' and other such nonsense.

Ahh what the hell...im gonna say it again anyway, but this time a bit less politely...

Its clear as day that the board of **** incompetent when it comes to decision making.

There ive said it. Again.

gettin a bit silly this imo

Fans revolt - Why?? Because they dont like the man whos been appointed. People need to get a life.

If the fans dont want the man that is put in charge, then they will let their feelings be known, was this not also the case with Houllier? :?

Not sure why i need to get a life for suggesting it, am i not just speaking the truth?

I'm not being fickle here but if we get McLaren I'm not renewing my season ticket. People will probably say the club don't need fans like me, but following the Houllier appointment, this'll be the 2nd time the board haven't listened to the fans, who clearly know their stuff, about who they want.

We're not expecting Mourinho or Guardiola..... But McLaren?

Shopping at the Bull Ring with the missus on a Saturday afternoon it will be.

If this actually happens....and it hasn't yet....but if it does..

I agree 100%. People will say 'you need to support the club regardless of the manager', and whilst I agree with this also, as you mention this would be the 2nd time the fans have been ignored on what's surely the biggest decision the owners have to review each season - the manager.

I can excuse the Houllier situation as on paper given what was available in a short time, so close to the start of the season it probably made sense.

However, we have ample opportunity this time round to appoint a manager who will genuinely drive us forward. For us, that means someone with a good pedigree, record AND reputation. Reputation IS important for this club, more so than other clubs because as a club we don't have the reputation of the top 6 in order to attract and retain quality players. BUT a manager with a big reputation can!

Given the long list of potential manager's that are available to approach (more than 10 reasonable ones have been posted on the thread), I would be absolutely dismayed if the board decide to approach McClaren. Some people say 'he's a decent coach and could do better than when he was at boro if he had a decent squad'. Well we won't have a decent squad any more if players like Downing and Bent end up leaving because they can't work with or don't respect McClaren and believe he'll make us challenge the top 6.

Of all the analysis and stats crunching the board likely goes through to determine a short list - I honestly have no idea how McClaren's name could ever pop out as a contender.

Hoping this is all just media garbage.

Why the **** does a club the size and stature of Aston Villa spend so much time dithering around?

We are a club steeped in history and must surely have an attraction to successful managers? Yet either no-one wants to touch us with a barge pole or we have a board that is completely inadequate of negotiating to get the right man.

Having just heard that Martin Jol has joined Fulham, who for me are a lot less of an attractive proposition than Villa, why have we not bothered speaking to him, why have we not tried to tempt him to our famous club?

Getting really **** off with the way our club spends so much valuable time dithering...

I would leave this one well alone mate. I said someting similar yesterday and i got jumped on for 'not having a clue how football works' and other such nonsense.

Ahh what the hell...im gonna say it again anyway, but this time a bit less politely...

Its clear as day that the board of **** incompetent when it comes to decision making.

There ive said it. Again.

Sometimes I'd be inclined to agree with you. However, sometimes they can surprise you. Look how Bent was quickly manoeuvred in.

Suggesting Klopp is just as ridiculous as suggesting Villas Boas.

I'm quite aware that Klopp won't be a contender. He's doing a great job at Dortmund and will be managing a Champions League side next year (woo!). However, I would say that of the two, Villas-Boas is definitely more out of reach!

Otto Rehhagel - Oldtime.

Christoph Daum - Drugs

Diego Maradona - No tactics

Dunga -Failed with Brazil

Marcello Lippi - Out of reach

Luigi Delneri - Possible

Paulo Sérgio - Who has he managed?

Köbi Kuhn - No thanks!

Christian Gross - :puke:

Luis Aragonés - 100 years old

Because we have to.

Your points back up why the club should take time.

We have a big club, with a huge fanbase, that are still pissed over what happened last summer. Would you rather they jump into a decision or sound out various people?

Suprisingly... people in football are on holiday now, before starting back in a few weeks.

Fans revolt - Why?? Because they dont like the man whos been appointed. People need to get a life.

If the fans dont want the man that is put in charge, then they will let their feelings be known, was this not also the case with Houllier? :?

Not sure why i need to get a life for suggesting it, am i not just speaking the truth?

I didnt realise I aimed it at you??

The people who need to get a life will be those leading the revolt, not the ones suggesting there will be :?

but also, your point about speaking their mind if they dont like the man. Yes of course, it happens all the time. But the reasons being suggested for not liking Mclaren on here over the last few days are beyond daft

Given the long list of potential manager's that are available to approach (more than 10 reasonable ones have been posted on the thread), I would be absolutely dismayed if the board decide to approach McClaren.

Just because they're mentioned here doesnt make them available...you do know that?

Otto Rehhagel - Oldtime.

Christoph Daum - Drugs

Diego Maradona - No tactics

Dunga -Failed with Brazil

Marcello Lippi - Out of reach

Luigi Delneri - Possible

Paulo Sérgio - Who has he managed?

Köbi Kuhn - No thanks!

Christian Gross - :puke:

Luis Aragonés - 100 years old

Doesn't make nice reading, does it? :)

*sigh*

Kids.

I said leave it alone AND THEN SAID ahh what the hell im gonna say it again anyway. I did think twice, but then thought about some of the shite that gets posted on here and decided that im well within my right to voice my concern over how the board are handling the whole thing.

I didnt realise I aimed it at you??

The people who need to get a life will be those leading the revolt, not the ones suggesting there will be :?

oh my bad then mate.

Do you not see it as PR suicide by appointing someone that im guessing 90% of the fanbase clearly do not want in charge?

Just to clarify, i do not think for 1 minute McClaren will get the job, i trust Randy and the board to make the right decision.

How about waiting for the decision to be made before making that kind of statement?

Oh Jebus Christ...

ITS THE AMOUNT OF TIME THE DECISION IS TAKING THAT MAKES IT INCOMPETENT!!!!!!!!