Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Well things went downhill when wilkins left

No they had a great end to the season and almost pulled back man U from 20 points behind.

I think the players had a slump when they were pissed off at their coach being dumped but they seemed to get over it ok by the end of the season.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the poll, I went for Lambert (again) as I think it would be exciting and an unknown prospect, to a certain extent.

It would be a big risk though, so if I was playing safe I'd say Moyes or Hughes.

Ancelotti would be great but I don't think we'd get him.

Fair points, I hope it's Ancelotti and I think personally going by his comments about wanting to stay in England and looking for a new challenge that maybe just maybe he'll consider it if we approach him.. though I'm sure he'll have bigger better options in Italy etc..

Well things went downhill when wilkins left

No they had a great end to the season and almost pulled back man U from 20 points behind.

I think the players had a slump when they were pissed off at their coach being dumped but they seemed to get over it ok by the end of the season.

Yep, same point as I made above (although you made it much more concisely)

Wilkins leaving had an effect, but i don't think he necessarily was the reason they were so successful in the first place.

Rijkaard

X2

Really!? He is a big name, but has done absolutely nothing in management other than fail everywhere he has gone.

oh dear oh dear oh dear

most stupid post of the day?

would that be rijkaard who ripped the old barcalona apart and completely rebuilt it and made them a dominant force once again?

i would like him to fail for villa if by fail you mean win the league 2 years in a row and also win the champions league and 2 domestic cups.

Barcelona UEFA Champions League 2005/06

La Liga 2004/2005, 2005/06

Supercopa de España 2005, 2006

Netherlands UEFA Euro 2000 Semi-finalist

I went for Leslie Hughes, but all of those options have their worth and I would quite like (apart from maybe FSW or Mclaren - although they would still have some merit IMO)

Randy and the board need to look at this thread. ~Its quite clear that only a minority wants Hughes as manager. We cant afford another season where the fans arent on the managers side. Im not saying we should go out and get Ancelotti (who is leading the poll) because quite frankly that is pie in the sky stuff. Im not saying he shouldnt at least TRY though.

Anyways, i voted for Martinez, but would be happy with Ancelotti or Moyes also.

Going for Hughes shows stability rather than ambition. I'm very meh about it too. He will guide to a solid 7-8th but nothing more. But then 7th is really the most we can expect next season. Hughes will essentially guarantee top half though.