Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Pat Murphy and the rest of them are only guessing. Last summer all the talk was of Curbishley and Bob Bradley. I don't remember any of them predicting Houllier.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes' Fulham contract expires as Welshman is linked to Villa hotseat

By NEIL MOXLEY

Mark Hughes’ deal as Fulham manager expired on Wednesday night, making him a free agent.

While Fulham still wish for Hughes to continue in his role, he is technically no longer their manager after a contract deadline passed.

As Fulham officials desperately tried to convince the 47-year-old to stay — and further talks are planned with the board — a June 1 break clause in his brief one-year contract kicked in.

Where now? Mark Hughes' future is uncertain after his contract expired

Aston Villa is a natural new home for Hughes after Gerard Houllier left the club, but there are believed to be other options available for the Welshman.

While it is not inconceivable that a change of heart will see him stay at Craven Cottage, Hughes wants to further his career after an impressive season when he took Fulham to eighth and qualified for the Europa League through the Fair Play table.

Houllier left Villa Park after a nine-month stay that has netted him around £5m — more than £150,000 per match. The Frenchman, 63, had argued his case to stay on as manager. He produced medical evidence that he claimed proved he would be fit to return in September.

No return: Gerard Houllier has left Aston Villa following his heart scare

However, Villa owner Randy Lerner believed keeping Houllier was too risky after a five-month lay-off following the turmoil caused by his manager’s heart scare.

Houllier, whose original three-year deal was worth about £8m, eventually accepted an offer believed to be around £2.5m.

This was less than half what he would have been due had he been sacked, but much improved on the figure he would have received had he left on medical grounds.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393302/Mark-Hughes-Fulham-contract-expires.html#ixzz1O4MnVJbN

where is pat murphy on twitter? anyone

Stop bloody panicing, whoever the manager is deal with it because crying isn't going to change it.

Im not crying or panicKing you plank! I just want to check out his twitter. That ok with you.

haha "plank" :lol:

no mcclaren!!!!! shut up Pat Murphy!! Jesus!!!!

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT APPOINT THE CLOWN THAT IS MCCLAREN! The guy is a complete and utter joke! I cannot even believe this guy is even being considered. It is laughable. To me that would just spell the end! Randy must know this surely!!?

Panic!!!

no mcclaren!!!!! shut up Pat Murphy!! Jesus!!!!

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT APPOINT THE CLOWN THAT IS MCCLAREN! The guy is a complete and utter joke! I cannot even believe this guy is even being considered. It is laughable. To me that would just spell the end! Randy must know this surely!!?

Panic!!!

like i said. PLANK!!

Can we still afford to pay £6 million a year on top of a wage budget that is still to high. It is putting the club at risk, if we sign him and we get to Europe we may not be allowed in it due to our wage budget being 70% of turnover even now.

The manager of Marseilles, Didier Deschamps, has decided he will finally make his move to the Premier League, at the end of this season.

The Independent understands that Deschamps, who is represented by Zinedine Zidane's agent Alain Migliaccio in France, has had talks with at least one high-profile agent working in England and instructed them to get him a move in the summer.

The news will alert various Premier League clubs but a move must happen before 15 June to limit compensation to the Ligue 1 side.

Deschamps has a clause in his contract meaning he can move for just ¤3m (£2.64m) if he goes before that date. Last season Liverpool tried to make the former World Cup winner their replacement for Rafael Benitez but their move came on the eve of Marseilles' pre-season kick-off.

"I was very proud that a club like Liverpool were interested in me. But the timing was not good. I could not leave Marseilles two days before the restart," Deschamps said of the situation last September.

Chelsea and Juventus have also been linked in the past with a coach who could interest Aston Villa this summer.

This is the man Randy...

Are we dismissing McLaren just because of what he did when England manager, He won the league with Twente who are almsot like the Aston Villa or Dutch football

He also nearly relegated Wolfsburg who were champions of the German league just two seasons ago.

id have thought it was the fact that they were stripped of all their playing assets that nearly relegated them tbh

The manager of Marseilles, Didier Deschamps, has decided he will finally make his move to the Premier League, at the end of this season.

The Independent understands that Deschamps, who is represented by Zinedine Zidane's agent Alain Migliaccio in France, has had talks with at least one high-profile agent working in England and instructed them to get him a move in the summer.

The news will alert various Premier League clubs but a move must happen before 15 June to limit compensation to the Ligue 1 side.

Deschamps has a clause in his contract meaning he can move for just ¤3m (£2.64m) if he goes before that date. Last season Liverpool tried to make the former World Cup winner their replacement for Rafael Benitez but their move came on the eve of Marseilles' pre-season kick-off.

"I was very proud that a club like Liverpool were interested in me. But the timing was not good. I could not leave Marseilles two days before the restart," Deschamps said of the situation last September.

Chelsea and Juventus have also been linked in the past with a coach who could interest Aston Villa this summer.

This is the man Randy...

The man who has only got 14 votes out if 243 votes

Hughes' Fulham contract expires as Welshman is linked to Villa hotseat

By NEIL MOXLEY

Mark Hughes’ deal as Fulham manager expired on Wednesday night, making him a free agent.

While Fulham still wish for Hughes to continue in his role, he is technically no longer their manager after a contract deadline passed.

As Fulham officials desperately tried to convince the 47-year-old to stay — and further talks are planned with the board — a June 1 break clause in his brief one-year contract kicked in.

Where now? Mark Hughes' future is uncertain after his contract expired

Aston Villa is a natural new home for Hughes after Gerard Houllier left the club, but there are believed to be other options available for the Welshman.

While it is not inconceivable that a change of heart will see him stay at Craven Cottage, Hughes wants to further his career after an impressive season when he took Fulham to eighth and qualified for the Europa League through the Fair Play table.

Houllier left Villa Park after a nine-month stay that has netted him around £5m — more than £150,000 per match. The Frenchman, 63, had argued his case to stay on as manager. He produced medical evidence that he claimed proved he would be fit to return in September.

No return: Gerard Houllier has left Aston Villa following his heart scare

However, Villa owner Randy Lerner believed keeping Houllier was too risky after a five-month lay-off following the turmoil caused by his manager’s heart scare.

Houllier, whose original three-year deal was worth about £8m, eventually accepted an offer believed to be around £2.5m.

This was less than half what he would have been due had he been sacked, but much improved on the figure he would have received had he left on medical grounds.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393302/Mark-Hughes-Fulham-contract-expires.html#ixzz1O4MnVJbN

I hope this is true!

Apparently Pat Murphy said that it's too late for Hughes to become a free agent.

But Neil Moxley says that it's only now that he's become a free agent?

Confused?

.com

I would like Moyes, but think it will be Hughes, i Think Hughes will at least comand respect from players, has won everything in English football and is ambitious think he is a shoein for the man utd job though when old red nose retires

This is the man Randy...

The man who has only got 14 votes out if 243 votes

Yes but also a man that NOBODY has really said they wouldnt approve. Ancelotti is the favourite, yet some have voiced concerns.. Whereas Deschamps may not be a favourite, he is one that many fans would welcome.

Theres no way Ancelotti would come here - think about it for a sec

At Chelsea he was on £4 million a year - theres no way we could afford that and you can bet your life he was pretty well paid at Belusconis Milan.

So why would he take a massive pay cut and possibly risk his reputation for what a side outside champions league and even europe?

Makes no sense.

Sorry as much as like Ancelotti - its not going to happen.

He'll hold out for an established champs league side etc

So why would he take a massive pay cut and possibly risk his reputation for what a side outside champions league and even europe?

Makes no sense.

Because he said himself he wants to stay in England and wants a challenge, not necessarily a champions league team. I doubt we would all be talking about it otherwise.