Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Seems bad news on Ancelotti

http://tinyurl.com/5wt7o6v

Ancelotti faces a year's gardening leave after Chelsea axe

Published 23:01 16/05/11 By Martin Lipton

Carlo Ancelotti is set for a year on the sidelines when he leaves Stamford Bridge - because of a clause in his contract.

Ancelotti is preparing himself for the Stamford Bridge axe, 12 months after becoming the first manager in the club’s history to win the league title and FA Cup Double.

While the Italian wants to stay in England and is set to turn down the chance to return to former club Roma, Ancelotti will not be able to go back into management in this country unless there is a change of heart by the Chelsea hierarchy.

It's understood that under the terms of the three-year deal Ancelotti signed when he joined Chelsea in 2009, he is not allowed to work for another Premier League club within 12 months of leaving Stamford Bridge.

That will force ­Ancelotti to either return to the continent or accept an enforced year of gardening leave.

Ancelotti is still awaiting confirmation of his fate from owner Roman Abramovich. No meeting with a board member is yet scheduled, but the Blues boss anticipates it will come early next week - following Sunday’s final game of the season at Everton.

“We have to wait to see what happens and what will be the decision of the club at the end of the season," said the £6million-a-year Italian.

“We have one more weekend and we just have to wait. I think it will happen after Everton.

“It’s not my decision and I don’t know when the club will take its decision.

"I would like to stay, but if that’s not possible I will find another solution.”

Fudge...

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's quite the venom over McClown. No one rates him then? :lol:

Other than the fact he would only achieve incredibly average things for our club, it's what he's like as a bloke that I can't stand. He's a slime and an arse licker, no personality, no authority and the players would walk all over him.

Would be a nightmare.

Seems bad news on Ancelotti

http://tinyurl.com/5wt7o6v

Ancelotti faces a year's gardening leave after Chelsea axe

Published 23:01 16/05/11 By Martin Lipton

Carlo Ancelotti is set for a year on the sidelines when he leaves Stamford Bridge - because of a clause in his contract.

Ancelotti is preparing himself for the Stamford Bridge axe, 12 months after becoming the first manager in the club’s history to win the league title and FA Cup Double.

While the Italian wants to stay in England and is set to turn down the chance to return to former club Roma, Ancelotti will not be able to go back into management in this country unless there is a change of heart by the Chelsea hierarchy.

It's understood that under the terms of the three-year deal Ancelotti signed when he joined Chelsea in 2009, he is not allowed to work for another Premier League club within 12 months of leaving Stamford Bridge.

That will force ­Ancelotti to either return to the continent or accept an enforced year of gardening leave.

Ancelotti is still awaiting confirmation of his fate from owner Roman Abramovich. No meeting with a board member is yet scheduled, but the Blues boss anticipates it will come early next week - following Sunday’s final game of the season at Everton.

“We have to wait to see what happens and what will be the decision of the club at the end of the season," said the £6million-a-year Italian.

“We have one more weekend and we just have to wait. I think it will happen after Everton.

“It’s not my decision and I don’t know when the club will take its decision.

"I would like to stay, but if that’s not possible I will find another solution.”

Also another article after he was sacked saying because he was sacked that clause is void.

So Chelsea can sack there manager and tell him he cannot manage another team in the prem. If thats true, then that is madness. Though I've never thought Ancelotti would end up being our next manager. I hope we can push the boat out and get Moyes, I would be over the **** moon.

Would be a nightmare.

Entertaining reading his faux Brummie accent threads on VT though... as someone else posted!!

:evil:

Pat Murphy reckons that there will be no imminent announcement in anycase so this show could run and run....

(Bad idea IMHO........ The club have had enough turmoil in the last 12 months, need to act decisively)

The manager of Marseilles, Didier Deschamps, has decided he will finally make his move to the Premier League, at the end of this season.

The Independent understands that Deschamps, who is represented by Zinedine Zidane's agent Alain Migliaccio in France, has had talks with at least one high-profile agent working in England and instructed them to get him a move in the summer.

The news will alert various Premier League clubs but a move must happen before 15 June to limit compensation to the Ligue 1 side.

Deschamps has a clause in his contract meaning he can move for just ¤3m (£2.64m) if he goes before that date. Last season Liverpool tried to make the former World Cup winner their replacement for Rafael Benitez but their move came on the eve of Marseilles' pre-season kick-off.

"I was very proud that a club like Liverpool were interested in me. But the timing was not good. I could not leave Marseilles two days before the restart," Deschamps said of the situation last September.

Chelsea and Juventus have also been linked in the past with a coach who could interest Aston Villa this summer.

where is pat murphy on twitter? anyone

Just do a search for Pat Murphy and tweets on what he said come up

eg "Pat Murphy - Villa manager will be Moyes, Benetiz or McLaren. Ancelotti out of Villa's finances. Hughes get out clause has ran out #avfc"

I suppose if we paid Chelsea they could get rid of any clause that may stop him joining but he was also on £6 million a year at Cheslea can we really afford that.

That clause is void apparently.

Pretty sure he was on closer to £4 million a year at Chelsea - i dont think we'd be able to pay that sort of salary and i really don't envisage Ancelotti managing a side outside the champions league anytime soon no matter what he said about liking it in England.