Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

So why would he take a massive pay cut and possibly risk his reputation for what a side outside champions league and even europe?

Makes no sense.

Because he said himself he wants to stay in England and wants a challenge, not necessarily a champions league team. I doubt we would all be talking about it otherwise.

Link?

Wheres the quotes?

As all rmber him saying he liked England and said something patronising about West Ham or something

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about Hughes, we went through that nightmare before Mancini came along. He'll have you scoring loads but the concept of 'defending' eludes him to this day. That's why he draws against lower opponents and gets smashed at home by big ones.

Ancelotti is class though, he will have you in the top 6 for sure. Rijkaard and Deschamps are good too, but they'll need time to adapt to the Premier League.

None really excite me. And the best they could really do is 5-7th really under current conditions.

Expect Lerner will go for Hughes or Benitez as they are both easily obtainable. Rafa's that desperate i reckon he's already brought his villa tie!

Forget about Hughes, we went through that nightmare before Mancini came along. He'll have you scoring loads but the concept of 'defending' eludes him to this day. That's why he draws against lower opponents and gets smashed at home by big ones.

Ancelotti is class though, he will have you in the top 6 for sure. Rijkaard and Deschamps are good too, but they'll need time to adapt to the Premier League.

Fulham had the 4th best defence in the league last season.

For me..

1. Moyes

2. Ancelotti

3. Martinez

4. Hughes

5. Deschamps

6.... the rest

I really like the idea of us continuing with the philosophy that Houllier was trying to bring. But I do have a £20 bet on Moyes at 12-1... so he has to be top of my list.

Benitez would be a brilliant appointment.

Inter Milan aside his record is superb, definitely the best available.

Can you imagine his return to anfield? It would be like Gerard Houllier 2!

Ancelotti, with Ray Wilkins as number two, and little bit of investment would really, really please and excite me.

Moyes, too, would be a great appointment as would Martin Jol in my opinion.

Mark Hughes would be a good appointment, a steady appointment, but I can't seem to get myself excited at the prospect and I'm not sure he could take us as far as we want to go.

As far as sending out a signal of intent to c*nts like Stuart Downing, Carlo Ancelotti is your man! I've got my fingers crossed! :D