Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so sure about Benitez

The guy has an impressive CV then again he's another ex redscouse manager and would he be able to operate on a budget and do surgery on the current ageing squad?

Ancelotti would only be good for us if we throw a huge wedge his way. He has the ability to cherrypick across several national leagues. Getting Ancelotti in on a budget would be like signing Beckham and then banning him for taking any free kicks or corners.

As I firmly do not believe we have the sort of money to back Ancelotti then I think we have to go for a manager that can work on a budget such as Hughes/Moyes/McClaren.

Haven't really followed Deschamps closely enough to give an opinion on him. I do also like Poyet as he was the better half of the Wise/Poyet combination but inexperience in the Prem is a drawback. Not convinced with Jol/Coyle/Lambert or Martinez. Can't stand the FSW so on personal grounds that's just a no.

Wonder how long it would take McClaren to start speaking in a broad Brummie accent :)

This Simon Morley on Twitter who has been right on some stuff (maybe more by luck that judgement) is saying its Hughes, and whilst i personally wouldnt be unhappy with Hughes Id prefer Moyes

http://twitter.com/#!/Simon_Morley07

I know we need a manager quick .. but this quick? I think it's bollocks.

Yep.

I can't see Lerner running off to sign up Hughes the day after sacking Houllier. We will take a week or so to asses the options available.

Ancelotti won't come here, he has his reputation as strong as ever. Remember Mourinho was sacked by their owner too. Carlo will sit tight and wait for Mancini to be sacked and then take over at City. He won't give up the champions league by coming here. Of course we should try to get him, but try be realistic people.

The more i think about it the more i'm coming round to the idea of having hughes, some situations will be cleared up straight away, problems with the likes of warnock, dunne and ireland would likely to have a more amicable ending with Hughes as he's worked with all 3 before, then you have Friedel who might be inclined to stay on with Hughes but if not then we'd be favourites to bring in Shay Given and players such as Bellemy to replace Ash. Young.

I'm imagining Ancelotti's eyebrow will be raised even further when he is asked questions by Jack Woodward. That will make for classic viewing I'm sure.

My eldest lad does the most amazing impression of Ancelotti's eyebrow...

TBH I can't ever concerntrate on Carlo's interviews because I can't stop myself looking at his brows...

Not sure it will happen but at least it would be a marquee apointment as was the signing of Bent, that would send a message out to everyone, including the restless ones like Downing and Young, that we mean business and Randy wants to take on the big guns.

The manager of Marseilles, Didier Deschamps, has decided he will finally make his move to the Premier League, at the end of this season.

The Independent understands that Deschamps, who is represented by Zinedine Zidane's agent Alain Migliaccio in France, has had talks with at least one high-profile agent working in England and instructed them to get him a move in the summer.

The news will alert various Premier League clubs but a move must happen before 15 June to limit compensation to the Ligue 1 side.

Deschamps has a clause in his contract meaning he can move for just ¤3m (£2.64m) if he goes before that date. Last season Liverpool tried to make the former World Cup winner their replacement for Rafael Benitez but their move came on the eve of Marseilles' pre-season kick-off.

"I was very proud that a club like Liverpool were interested in me. But the timing was not good. I could not leave Marseilles two days before the restart," Deschamps said of the situation last September.

Chelsea and Juventus have also been linked in the past with a coach who could interest Aston Villa this summer.

Has Matt said anything about Deschamps yet??