Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Good thing to wake up to, that we are in for Ancelotti! The best we can do is ask, if he says no and then we appoint Hughes, at least we tried. I'm glad we are in for him, if that doesn't make Downing and Young want to stay I don't know what will!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancelotti and Wilkins

Hughes and Wilkins

Deschamps could be interesting

NOT FSW and I would die if we get Brolley man, would be happy with anyone on the list other than these two.

I might be wrong but didn't FSW buy some absolute dross at liverpool and spend a fortune?

Bringing in Ancelotti with Wilkins as his number 2 would put out a huge signal of ambition and intent from Randy..

THIS!!!

Praying its true........

But the newspaper lads read this and will sell more papers linking us with managers we like......

on the other hand.. Mr Kendrick has been spot on of late.. dont know if he gets his info from Randys men or Houlliers..

Whatever the outcome.. whether we can get Ancelotti or not.. i really hope we do make an effort to get him.

Hughes.

Did an excellent job with Blackburn and Fulham (although a lot of Fulham's success must surely be credited to Woy) on a tight budget. I think we are also on a tight budget and he will get the best out of our limited funds.

Did OK at City but with the buyout he was left holding the poisoned chalice there and stood almost no chance.

Good manager that I can only see getting better.

Has played for Man U / Barcelona and B Munich so his name is pretty well known. The only reason he isn't better known on the international scene is because he is Welsh.

Edit: IF however Randy is thinking of chucking £100m + at the club then I would go Ancelotti with Wilkins.

Randy and the board need to look at this thread. ~Its quite clear that only a minority wants Hughes as manager.

Well I'd hope that they are picking the manager that they believe will do the best job at the club, who will work well within whatever restrictions on player wages and transfer are set and who plans on staying here for a few years rather than who the fans want.

Also 3rd in the pole hardly suggests that only a minority want him, just might mean that some would prefer Moyes or Ancelotti to him

Sorry if this has been asked, but why are people so keen on Ancelotti?

I was suprised when Chelsea went for him and ok he won the league and cup in his first season (often a mark of the previous managers leagacy) but since then (and the loss of Wilkins) has had a poor season by Chelsea standards - and in a season when there was no outstanding team to run against?

I've had a look at his record in Italy and all bar one season with Parma, all his major success has come with big (historically table topping) teams - which we are not!

I can understand Deschamps, Rijkard etc because they seem to have something different to offer - a history of creating successful, modern footballing sides, but Ancelotti i just don't understand?

Ancelotti would be a dream, and I'm really hoping we pull out all the stops to try and land him. If that fails I'd be happy with Benitez, and I'm not sure why!! I wouldn't be too inspired by Hughes, however Jol I would be happy with as he gets his teams to play some decent football. If it's steve van mclaren I would cry!

Sorry if this has been asked, but why are people so keen on Ancelotti?

I was suprised when Chelsea went for him and ok he won the league and cup in his first season (often a mark of the previous managers leagacy) but since then (and the loss of Wilkins) has had a poor season by Chelsea standards - and in a season when there was no outstanding team to run against?

I've had a look at his record in Italy and all bar one season with Parma, all his major success has come with big (historically table topping) teams - which we are not!

I can understand Deschamps, Rijkard etc because they seem to have something different to offer - a history of creating successful, modern footballing sides, but Ancelotti i just don't understand?

He has the reputation. He would convince players to come to Villa and stay at Villa. Tactically he is brilliant.

He may have had financial power at other clubs.. but Randy will back him. He has good connections and respect all around the world.

It will make people stand up and notice Villa. Like you said big clubs in the past.. then Villa? If he can attract the current players to stay at least a season and sign a few decent ones.. things will be buzzing at VP and the ticket sales and shirt sales of possible new signings.

Who knows.. he could fail miserably too :lol:

Rijkard shouldn't come within a million miles of Villa, he got Sparta Rotterdam relegated and almost did the same for Galastary, till they got rid, only had success with a already brillant Barca team, with the small clubs he struggles big time. Jol is another average manager, left Ajax mid season, because he thought the team owner had to much high expectation and the team went on to win the league, will only get us mid table finishes just like Hughes, McClaren etc.

I think it has to be a manager like Benitez, I know he unpopular, but is a brillant manager with no personality, say what you want, but he did make Liverpool into a top 4 team and was doind a decent job till the new owner came in. But If we can get Ancelotti, it would be brillant, get rid of Young and Downing and give him 50 mil to invest in the team. I personally don't want those two player near the team after they both try to egineer moves away from the club.

If we did get Ancelotti then he would be the most succesful manager ever to lead our club, he wouldnt be far off the most succesful player to be involved with the club as well. He would surely also be the highest profile manager we have ever appointed and that would help worldwide and obvioulsy Italy.

Whether we are right for him in terms of size I dont really know but I would certainly be more than happy with this appointment he also seems like a decent bloke, his interviews are never annoying and he speaks a lot of sense he's like the opposite of Holloway.

I think it has to be a manager like Benitez, I know he unpopular, but is a brillant manager with no personality, say what you want, but he did make Liverpool into a top 4 team and was doind a decent job till the new owner came in. But If we can get Ancelotti, it would be brillant, get rid of Young and Downing and give him 50 mil to invest in the team. I personally don't want those two player near the team after they both try to egineer moves away from the club.

I don't know Morales - Benitez got them into the top 4 by splurging massive amounts on top top Spanish talent like Torres, Alonso and Reina. Don't think he'd be able to do the same here. His tactics are more suited to the European game too - something we won't be needing fo a while!