Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Lots of speculation circling now that Carlo Ancelotti will be the next villa manager and we are just waiting for Lerner to finalise things next week. I'm not ITK, just praying and hoping for this to be true from what I've heard.
For the sake of my computer screen I kind of hope that isn't true. :)

mantis why wouldnt you want ancelotti??

Oh but I would. :winkold:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Sunday Times" does not deal in too much speculation and I would guess they have had a tip from someone at the club or from Rijkaard's people who want him put in the frame.

I think we need a name to take over and Rijkaard would fit the bill for me. If he has contacted us that would be a bonus and I do not think his lack of PL experience should count against him as his experience abroad trumps that for me.

I would also like Ancelotti but wonder if he would come to us if we are not prepared to spend big on the team (which may also be a thing that Frank R would want assurances on) and because we are outside London (something that may make Jol prefer Fulham as well).

Moyes would be a nice choice but I very much doubt that he will leave Everton for us. Rafa is a shout but his Liverpool past may worry Randy given fans reactions to GH and his comments concerning that club that will be shared by Rafa if not spoken by him as our manager. Negative reactions to the prospective appointment of McLaren will also do for him I would guess and it looks like Hughes leaving Fulham (which would save us paying Fulham for his services) may have made Randy feel uncomfortable about taking him on after that which up to that had looked on. Deschamps would continue our French revolution but I doubt he would move to us.

So on looking at what we have to date, I suggest we bring in Frank or Carlo (with Butch) early next week or we may need to move onto a younger prospect who would be glad to come to us such as say Poyet.

Lots of speculation circling now that Carlo Ancelotti will be the next villa manager and we are just waiting for Lerner to finalise things next week. I'm not ITK, just praying and hoping for this to be true from what I've heard.
For the sake of my computer screen I kind of hope that isn't true. :)

mantis why wouldnt you want ancelotti??

Oh but I would. :winkold:

You just don't want cover your computer screen in Jizz!! Which is what I'd do! :lol:

Voted Deschamps - but only because Rijkaard was not an option.

What I'd like to see is a manager who can get us playing the type of football we need to compete with the top 4. MON got us top 6 and (with hindsight) I feel that was his limit. I fear that taking on a Hughes, McClaren or Moyes would get us back to the same limit. Grafters. Hard to beat. One-dimensional. The occassional win over the big boys. That's about it.

But a manager with something to prove that has the methodology in place and success to back it up - that's the type of manager that would excite me. Deschamps and Rijkaard fit the bill, for mine.

Voted Deschamps - but only because Rijkaard was not an option.

What I'd like to see is a manager who can get us playing the type of football we need to compete with the top 4. MON got us top 6 and (with hindsight) I feel that was his limit. I fear that taking on a Hughes, McClaren or Moyes would get us back to the same limit. Grafters. Hard to beat. One-dimensional. The occassional win over the big boys. That's about it.

But a manager with something to prove that has the methodology in place and success to back it up - that's the type of manager that would excite me. Deschamps and Rijkaard fit the bill, for mine.

I wouldnt worry mate, there is new manager being mentioned every day.. Moyes, Hughes, McClaren, Ancelotti and Benitez etc they have all had big mentions...The next couple of days will be for Rijkaard with no doubt his odds also being shortened.. Deschamps will have his turn in the chair too no doubt..

By the way would love any of Moyes, Ancelotti, Rijkaard or Deschamps. :)

Rijkaard shouldn't be allowed a million miles of Villa, I would put money on us getting relegated if we get him. Yes he had a good spell at Barca, but just look at the players he had to work with there and just looked how a inexperience Pep had done a fair better job as manager with Barca.

Rijkaard nearly got Galatasary relegated last season, signing players like Kewell!. He also got Sparta Rotterdam relegated in his only other club manager role and somehow still manage to get teh Barca job afterwards. Speak to any Gala fan and they will tell you to keep a million miles away from him. He a manager in name only. Keep well away.

I know it's too early to be talking about transfers...But IF we were to get Ancelotti, do you think he could persuade Anelka to come to the Villa? What would people think of that? He's already been told by Chelsea that he is surplus to requirements?

I've said it all along, maybe bring Zhirkov with him as well as he is looking for a move too.

Rijkaard nearly got Galatasary relegated last season, signing players like Kewell!. He also got Sparta Rotterdam relegated in his only other club manager role and somehow still manage to get teh Barca job afterwards. Speak to any Gala fan and they will tell you to keep a million miles away from him. He a manager in name only. Keep well away.

Galatasary finished 3rd in 2009/10 - up from 5th the year before.

Kewell signed in 2008/2009. Rijkaard didn't take over till the next year.

Rijkaard shouldn't be allowed a million miles of Villa, I would put money on us getting relegated if we get him. Yes he had a good spell at Barca, but just look at the players he had to work with there and just looked how a inexperience Pep had done a fair better job as manager with Barca.

fail!

This and I'm Dutch.

This and I'm Dutch.

He never signed Kewell..He also took over Galatasary when they were on the slide.