Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Lots of speculation circling now that Carlo Ancelotti will be the next villa manager and we are just waiting for Lerner to finalise things next week. I'm not ITK, just praying and hoping for this to be true from what I've heard.
For the sake of my computer screen I kind of hope that isn't true. :)

mantis why wouldnt you want ancelotti??

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mail stuff is way off the mark (imo). All the noises I hear are that the manager is appointed by a board consensus rather than on the whim of the owner.

Warming to Rafa being appointed but would be happy with one of Rafa, Carlo, Hughes or Moyes

Only posting what the Times said. Are they more reliable in reporting such things?

You could be right about Rijkaard, I personally would be surprised if we went for him though over other Managers out there.

He is out of work though and may well fancy the job.

How did he implement the style Barcelona play? That's the philosophy if their football from Cruyff's day as manager.

yes cruyff did start it at barca but i would say rijkaard has perfected it for the current generation and for guardiola to carry it on

The Mail stuff is way off the mark (imo). All the noises I hear are that the manager is appointed by a board consensus rather than on the whim of the owner.

We don't have a board in the traditional sense, at most it's Randy, Paul Faulkner, Robin Russell, Sharon Barnhurst and the General. I'm not sure how that group comes to decisions like this one.

we wouldnt hire lennon because of the circus that'd follow him

last thing we want are nail bombs in the post

That'd stop if he left Celtic.

no it wouldnt

you'll get some nutter who'll take advantage of the relaxed security to make a name for himse