Emile Heskey

R.Bear

A disaster of his signing, but not his fault he was signed on such a large contract and wages.

Never been good enough for us, but I don't think he's been as bad as suggested performance wise, as even when he's half decent he just gets slated just for being Heskey.

Although for a big guy I always have to question his commitment just like Carew as on his day he can be a handful but you don't see it enough.

I've met him a couple of times. Lovely bloke, but not a premier league player, and 60k a week is just a joke.

Championship or Stoke for you Emile im afraid.

Say what you want about Heskey, these last 3 or 4 games he's been one of, if not our best, player. He fought for the club when we really needed him to - and for that he will always have my respect and best wishes.

It's a shame the same can't be said for the rest of our players and/or manager. Nice bloke, and I hope he gets a good move.

The abuse he gets from his own fans - and I have previously been guilty of it - is an absolute disgrace, as this pathetic thread demonstrates. Not once has he moaned about it though, so i guess that means he has far more class than many on here.

Best of luck Emile, I've watched you plenty of times work your ass off for us, it didn't always work out, and gawd, you can't hit the broad side of a barn door if you tried, but thanks for your service (The 13 goals you scored for us in the 3 1/2 years you were here does sorta show you can occasionally hit barn doors).

agree with that as well... for a player with the pedigree that he has, who's had to put up with the stick and abuse that he gets, he's been a model professional. no moaning, no getting pissed, no kicking in gatecrasher doors, he's supported the club and the youngsters who have played in his position to get experience and has always, in my humble opinion, given 100 per cent on the pitch, whereever he's been asked to play... he's also, through no fault of his own been the only big man we have in the squad this season, so has had to tow a line that noone else has been able to.

as to him playing better in the last three or four games, i suspect that has more to do with him being asked to play up front, rather than in the holding midfield role that our illustrious management decided in their eternal wisdom would be ideal for him, as a 34 year old with no pace, to play in, earlier in the season.

perhaps i view things with more of a positive outlook than most, but he's going, and i would prefer to remember the positive contribution that he made to the club in his time here. calling him a useless sack of shit is kind of pointless now...

cheers, big man...

Wouldn't surprise me if O'Neill signed him for Sunderland.

Good **** riddance as far as I'm concerned. The amount of money that we have been paying Heskey shows exactly why Lerner hasn't got a clue! Off the top of my head the only positive things I can remember Heskey doing for us is his debut goal against Portsmouth and his header at Wolves. Fair play, he's battled and worked hard lately but it's not enough.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Well, actually, there would be more chance of the door hitting him than there would be of him hitting the door!

The amount of money that we have been paying Heskey shows exactly why Lerner hasn't got a clue!

lerner didnt sign him, and you can be sure as **** that he wouldve been told that heskey was the final piece in the jigsaw to get us the champions league and that he was worth every penny of the wages we offered him

the strange thing is that surely he'd have joined us for a lot less like. why did mon decide that 60k was reasonable. he was 31 and playing with wigan ffs, 40k would still have been a bit much from the club's point of view but surely he'd have taken it

The amount of money that we have been paying Heskey shows exactly why Lerner hasn't got a clue!

lerner didnt sign him

Huh? O'Neill signed him but it was Lerner that was clueless enough to agree to paying Heskey those sort of wages.

Â