Emile Heskey

R.Bear

for the money he's raked in 100% effort is the minimum we should expect from him, total waste of time and money, good riddance.

this.

thanks for the winner against wolves, though.

the paper said he had scored 1 goal for villa in the prem this season? when was this?

as a theoretical exercise only, if he agreed to a one year deal for say gbp20k per week, would people want him to stay?

he doesn't have a contract or one on the horizon, so perhaps it would take very little to keep him around for another year, but on the other hand, he is the only big striker we have. at that price, he would be a squad player that would be cheaper than replacing him.

just asking...

the point in signing him up for another season would be to play him in position, as and when required...

he's been here 3 1/2 years and has rarely played in position, what makes you think we'd suddenly start now when he's older and worse than ever?

my concern, and its been pretty apparent to me in the last few games is that we don't have anyone with a large presence to hold up the ball for our other attacking players to play off...

its an option we've always had, and fortunately the role was performed by big JC for the last few years, but with both him and heskey gone, we are relying on playing on the ground and getting behind defences, something that we have proven woefully inept at adapting to this year.

i'm not saying for a second that i think that emile should stay. i'm just concerned that without him, we look awfully small up front.

I think it shows how shite a player has been when people eager to offer something positive about them comment on their work ethic and their percentage of effort. That is really scrapping the barrel because those things are the absolute bare minimum that should be expected and given by any professional footballer, they do not deserve any credit for that.

I'm not even entirely convinced he has achieved this to be honest as throughout his time hear he has seemingly been made of glass, constantly on the floor and often out injured when looking at the size of the fella you would think he would be a little more robust.

I don't think there is much doubt that Heskey is a good pro, no trouble in the dressing room or on the training ground but in terms of his playing ability he has offered us almost nothing in return for the millions we've paid him.

One of the worst signings we've made in a very long time.

i see big john carew has just been declared bankrupt... lets get him back on the cheap....

How on Earth has that happened?

Didn't he get done in some investment scam , I'm sure i read something about him being ripped off

wasn't that brad friedel?

Oh yeah now you mention it I think it was

Carew got duped on some car scam for about £100k , probably not enough to skint him

i see big john carew has just been declared bankrupt... lets get him back on the cheap....

How on Earth has that happened?

Didn't he get done in some investment scam , I'm sure i read something about him being ripped off[/quote

He was declared bankrupt by the French tax bureau after refusing to pay a claim by them. Just pennies for him though.

Would be a kinda fitting way to go out for him

His gesture when he left to join Liverpool shouldn't be forgotten so he should be given a good reception by their fans

Â