Emile Heskey

R.Bear

I dont think its all Peskys fault.At his age he should not be starting matches.Lets face it, he is over the hill, the only problem is that McStupid could not work that out ? Pesky should have only been used sparingly, as a sub not a first team regular.The fact that he started so many games is because of McStupid.Another black mark against McStupid, not Pesky.

I dont think its all Peskys fault.At his age he should not be starting matches.Lets face it, he is over the hill, the only problem is that McLeish could not work that out ? Pesky should have only been used sparingly, as a sub not a first team regular.The fact that he started so many games is because of McLeish.Another black mark against McLeish, not Pesky.

Thats a tad unfair.

If Bent had been available do you think Heskey would have started games?

Bye bye Emile!

Rather than focus on how completely terrible you have been for 99% of your Villa career I will try and remember when you were hit form for 3 games under Houllier and scored that winning header away at Wolves!

Happy Days

I know people will point to Balaban and Hutton ..but for me he is easily the worse signing this club has ever made .. we didn't need him , he offered us nothing and where as Balaban was young and we were gambling on him coming good , Heskey was already 31 and we knew he was a clown

but , now for the other useless clearing in the woods to follow him out the door

Players of the 1970s through the 2000s must use Heskey as the ultimate example of them missing the boat.

The guy's had about 50 good games in his entire career and yet has earned enough to live comfortably for about 20 lifetimes.

One goal this season for Villa.

Current goal drought stands at 26 games.

Take that back to include last season and he has scored just 1 goal in his last 40 games.

He has probably earned £2m+ in wages during that time.

:wave:

Happy Days

I know people will point to Balaban and Hutton ..but for me he is easily the worse signing this club has ever made .. we didn't need him , he offered us nothing and where as Balaban was young and we were gambling on him coming good , Heskey was already 31 and we knew he was a clown

but , now for the other useless clearing in the woods to follow him out the door

to be fair Tony, before Villa signed Balaban you didn’t have a life long hatred of him, whereas I can’t imagine few players you dislike more than Heskey. Only if he was a Labour PM could you dislike him more?

Balaban still takes some beating, though N’Zgobia is doing his best.

Happy Days

I agree, for a whole multitude of reasons, I think he's easily our worst ever signing.

Happy Days

to be fair Tony, before Villa signed Balaban you didn’t have a life long hatred of him, whereas I can’t imagine few players you dislike more than Heskey. Only if he was a Labour PM could you dislike him more?

Balaban still takes some beating, though N’Zgobia is doing his best.

:-) fair enough ,

Balaban only got 9 games .. Heskey has a 1 goal in 10 strike rate for us during his 90 appearances so just one more game and who knows what feats Balaban could have gone onto equal ....

Â