Emile Heskey

R.Bear

One of the worst signings we've ever made.

He has been slightly less useless in recent weeks in that he has actually managed to hold the ball up which is more than he managed in the previous 12 months but I can't help but feel that was the Hendrie effect. He knew his contract was up, that we wouldn't renew and that seemingly nobody else was interested so suddenly we see an slight improvement in his play.

I would be amazed if it has fooled anyone sufficiently in order to win him a contract, what use is a footballer that can't run? Anyone who takes him on will get a nasty surprise and a lot of stick from their fans.

Thanks for almost nothing Emile, I think it is fair to say you won't be missed.

The ghost of MON is almost gone

Just Dunne Collins & Warnock to get shot of now

and Lichaj and Guzan...

a) Lichaj wasn't a MON signing, he was a youth product

B) wow :shock: ! I have been really impressed with the lad. I dont think he is going to be a 'star', but has shown to be a more than capable squad member. Versatile, determined. I spoke to a Spurs fan who fel that Lichaj dealt with Lennon better than the majority of full backs this year - he was really impressed.

I guess football is all about opinions though

a) Lichaj wasn't a MON signing, he was a youth product

Lichaj was signed from the Chicago Fire by Martin O'Neill. Not that I think Lichaj is in any way part of 'the ghost of MON'. But he was not a product of our academy either.

Just Dunne Collins & Warnock to get shot of now

and Lichaj and Guzan...

Guzan is gone after Sunday

As is King Carlos

yeah, hopefully no more of those top 6 finishes that bring so much shame on the club.

On topic, Heskey, probably not MON's worst signing, must be one of the worst signings in Premier League history. Will be happy to see him gone. Criminal that he has taken £60,000 out of the club every week for the last 4 years.

I have to say I'm glad to see he's leaving, he really has been poor.

Having said all that, I hope he gets a decent send-off on Sunday. He seems like a nice guy and its not his fault the club offered him so much money. And it's obviously not as though he tries to play poorly.

As useless a striker I think Heskey is, he always put in a shift in my eyes.

Shook his hand ealier and asked if he was definitely off and he said 'well they havent offered me anything' in a slightly sad way.

I wish him well. It's largely been a disaster, but I still think he had the right attitude at the very least.

More than some of our lot.

Another odd thing about Heskey.

When you watch him on the pitch he always looks huge and cumbersome

Yet stood in front of you he's actually quite slim and not that tall or menacing looking either

The colours of our kits cleary do him no favours.

Â