dudevillaisnice

1 minute ago, useless said:

Luton aren't doing much worse than we were doing in our first season back or Forest last season, and I'm sure if you go through all the seasons there are other similar examples

Yes we had 25 points when lockdown hit and there were 9 games left at that stage although we had the spare one v Sheffield United.

We didn't of course win any of the five played after lockdown either.

With what is left Luton could pick up 7 points from their last 3 games. Probably need to win one of Wolves or West Ham away which isn't impossible if they score first.

There was an interview with Dyche (on a podcast I think, can't remember) where he was talking about his time at Burnley and how he 'built the culture' there, he was involved in changing the way the whole club operated over the years and he put that 'lower league' gritty mentality into everything they did. It made sense, and it's one of those things that you can only really do as a 'lower league' club on the rise.

I was amazed when he took the Everton job, because they've been in the same position as us during our Relegation season for years. They didn't need a new culture, they need the Great Escape. If he stays there, I can see them doing well over the next few years, but right manager, wrong time for me.  

He'll do well somewhere else, very well, he can get 7/10 performances from 5/10 players, but only if they buy into everything he is trying to do.

17 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

Would love it if they stay up, especially if it means everton get relegated. 

Luton have played some really impressive football throughout the season, although they seem to concede so many late goals. They do remind me a lot of Blackpool. 

Can't remember a team conceding so many late goals and losing so many leads before in the premier league, vut their ability to score (and determination) means they are capable of picking up some points. 

It’s the orange shirts 😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

What about Man City...

Probably get around to it in another 3-4 years....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

10>6>4>2 

Guess the next club to fall foul will get 0 right?!

Plucking numbers out of the air springs to mind

I assume this deduction will be reduced to one point on appeal. It's a farce. 

About 40m net from player trading, 2 lots of points deductions,  a club in turmoil off the pitch, dreadful squad and they're still not in the bottom 3.

That Dyche is shit!

**** me. Tactics Tim, Lambert, Bruce, Mcleish, Garde, Gerrard, Houliier would have relegated us 2 times over.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

What about Man City...

They are apparently abondoning points deductions in favour of large fines, with that money to be spread across the other clubs.

Basically, Man City will never be penalised in any meaningful way and them, Newcastle and any other state owned club, will be allowed to basically "purchase" as many points as they like with fines.

This is apparently something that the PL clubs will soon be voting on.

Whatever happens with that, Man City will never get what they deserve. I'm certain of that.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

10>6>4>2 

yup, they just make it up as they go along

Getting difficult to make fun of the Serie A and their annual points deduction circus when the PL is making an absolute clown show out of this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

10>6>4>2 

Sounds right. Man City will be the next club.

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

2 points? pathetic. 

Yep. If the financial advantage gained by cheating, earned them just one win then they are a point up on the deal. Hardly a deterrent.

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

All clubs should just boycott playing Man City until their punishment is decided upon. Maybe then they’ll pull their finger out. Strength in numbers

It's the clubs themselves that will vote for fines instead of points deductions. Like it or not Man City are good for the league, they bring in big names like Pep and Haaland and generate a lot TV money and interest. Of course fans don't see it that way but PL executives only care about money. If they can get money out of Man City, Newcastle in fines that's all that matters. The PL isn't about what's fair and right and sporting integrity, it's just about money.   

Â