dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, sne said:

Getting difficult to make fun of the Serie A and their annual points deduction circus when the PL is making an absolute clown show out of this.

The Swedish system with "elite licenses" is not perfect but all sanctions happens in the summer. Not during the season. This is a mess.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's the clubs themselves that will vote for fines instead of points deductions. Like it or not Man City are good for the league, they bring in big names like Pep and Haaland and generate a lot TV money and interest. Of course fans don't see it that way but PL executives only care about money. If they can get money out of Man City, Newcastle in fines that's all that matters. The PL isn't about what's fair and right and sporting integrity, it's just about money.   

And this is exactly why man ci€y will get away with a token fine (that they will find a nefarious way not to pay) and a slap on the wrist.

Whereas they should be relegated out of existence, but that's not going to happen in reality is it. This awful club is worth too much money to the Premier league...and that is what modern football is all about.....££££

• Like 1

Manchester City were never going to get a points reduction anyway, so that being phased out, if so, has no bearing on them, their punishment if found guilty will be trophies that they've won whilst cheating, again if that's proven to be the case, taken away and demotion from the Premier League, maybe a three year ban, so they will essentially have to ask the football league if they can play in League Two and then work their way back

If found guilty they will be punished in such a way that it will dwarf many times over what has happened to Everton, just their case is different and more to it, and probably a lot more complicated, so going to take longer to resolve, but it will come eventually

1 hour ago, useless said:

Manchester City were never going to get a points reduction anyway, so that being phased out, if so, has no bearing on them, their punishment if found guilty will be trophies that they've won whilst cheating, again if that's proven to be the case, taken away and demotion from the Premier League, maybe a three year ban, so they will essentially have to ask the football league if they can play in League Two and then work their way back

If found guilty they will be punished in such a way that it will dwarf many times over what has happened to Everton, just their case is different and more to it, and probably a lot more complicated, so going to take longer to resolve, but it will come eventually

I am willing to bet any amount you like that you are wrong about that.

As for being stripped of titles, nobody in the game, from journalists to lawyers expects that to happen according to everything I have seen. 

They will get away with it.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

A 2 points deduction is a pretty lame punishment isn’t it?!

A 15 point deduction would be better, surely punishments are meant to deter clubs from committing the rule break.

Not being funny but if us breaking the rules to meant we could sign De Bruyne, Haaland and Van Dijk and only get deducted two points, well **** it, take the two points off us. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

About 40m net from player trading, 2 lots of points deductions,  a club in turmoil off the pitch, dreadful squad and they're still not in the bottom 3.

That Dyche is shit!

**** me. Tactics Tim, Lambert, Bruce, Mcleish, Garde, Gerrard, Houliier would have relegated us 2 times over.

only beaten a dreadful Burnley in the last four months

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

A 2 points deduction is a pretty lame punishment isn’t it?!

Yeah, any Everton fan who moans about that is a nob head. It's clearly designed to not send them down. 

It's too bad they don't have another match against City before the season is done. Would be some statement to just walk off after kick-off in protest that they've received a penalty but City haven't

Not a good look for the Premier league that these independent commissions keep on ignoring their recommendations for points deductions.

Apparently with this latest charge premier league wanted to deduct five further points from Everton. Fairly sure aswell any proven breach would be -3 so for the commission to actually find the club guilty but then insist they get a much lower punishment than what the premier league want isn't a great look for them and I'm fairly sure given who it's gone this season pretty much all the premier league clubs will be voting to scrap this so the status quo will remain even more tightly snug over the next decade.

Everton's biggest challenge now is not to fall into administration as they're in danger of that if this 777 takeover doesn't happen for them soon. And that will be a fixed -9 points deduction for next season.

36 minutes ago, a-k said:

It's too bad they don't have another match against City before the season is done. Would be some statement to just walk off after kick-off in protest that they've received a penalty but City haven't

they are playing Forest soon and I think its on Sky and have read will be a joint protest

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

This is just fantasy...a beautiful one which would be fantastic but I just cannot see it happening. Theyll get some punishment but it will amount to getting away with it. 

If their financial dealings are that complicated and it's difficult to investigate in a reasonable time frame they should be thrown under a ton of bricks and a line drawn under the sorry saga. It takes the p1ss it really does.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, any Everton fan who moans about that is a nob head. It's clearly designed to not send them down. 

They are all moaning - its a scouse thing to play the victim i think 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, calcifer said:

They are all moaning - its a scouse thing to play the victim i think 

Definitely, all that Scouse not English nonsense....

• Like 2

They could easily be relegated, they're only two points ahead of Luton now, they've won just one of the last fourteen in the league, only Sheffield United have taken fewer points in that time, and even then only two points fewer having played one less game, so they've been close to the worst team in the league for a while now. If they are relegated then it will be the deductions that has sent them down, without them they would be virtually safe already

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Appeal result will be released one week after the season ends. What a shambles.

That’s ridiculous - do the league want this in the courts potentially?

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

If it does end up in court I think Everton would win as in my eyes it's black and white with regards to deductions as in where in the rules other than admin is it written you get a points deduction.

That's the issue for me as yes they admitted to wrong doing but there is nothing set in stone to say what happens when you break the rules.  Not even seen any guidelines it's just some panel making it up as they go.

Dodgy ground for a legal defence for The Premier League.

24 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don't think it will end up the courts because all the clubs have signed up for the current process when FFP was introduced in the first place. I also assume any new member of the PL has agreed to these rules when they were promoted. 

If it does end up in court I think Everton would win as in my eyes it's black and white with regards to deductions as in where in the rules other than admin is it written you get a points deduction.

That's the issue for me as yes they admitted to wrong doing but there is nothing set in stone to say what happens when you break the rules.  Not even seen any guidelines it's just some panel making it up as they go.

Dodgy ground for a legal defence for The Premier League.

The clubs have signed up to let an independent panel decide the punishment. A completely different independent panel judge the appeal. Again they can't really go to court over a system they designed & voted on themselves. 

Edited by villa89

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

If Everton go down and appeal at end of season then wouldnt be surprised if next season starts with 22 teams to clean the mess

Maybe its why Klopp is leaving, cant be having extra games

Â