dudevillaisnice

• 1 month later...
On 27/03/2021 at 15:21, sne said:

52,888-capacity. So about a 12,000 increase.

Not just that but a fully modern stadium. Goodison is a historic grand arena but about 20% of all the seats are restricted and I think they have less than 20 executive boxes.

If I was a Evertonian I would be drooling in anticipation.

With each historic venue going I think that makes Villa Park more and more of a USP for the club so to speak in corporate language.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Not just that but a fully modern stadium. Goodison is a historic grand arena but about 20% of all the seats are restricted and I think they have less than 20 executive boxes.

If I was a Evertonian I would be drooling in anticipation.

With each historic venue going I think that makes Villa Park more and more of a USP for the club so to speak in corporate language.

The ones I know are. 

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Maybe, but we'll need to do a lot of work to make things as nice, even if the stadium isn't as modern. The executive sections are going to be filled by one of two things, prestige or fantastic facilities, not tradition. I reckon them having to walk past the North Stand probably knocks £100 off the entry fee ;) 

On 27/03/2021 at 11:12, a m ole said:

It looks amazing. The crowds + waterfront worries me though.

Also, why is there a creepy two-way mirror in the tunnel so corporate guests can be little voyeurs? 😂

exactly...as if the corporate lot need any more encouragement to not take their seats before kick off!

looks alright though to be fair to them. can't stand goodison...horrible ground so looking forward to visiting this one

I wouldn't have thought about 10 years ago Liverpool would stay in a extended Anfield, and it would be Everton who move to a new stadium in the city centre. Hicks and Gillet had planned a new stadium in Stanley Park and Everton proposed ground at Kirby got turned down, which in hindsight was a lucky escape for them

As legendary (I know cringe) venue  Anfield is I wonder if they  have missed a trick here.  I think Liverpool have probably got the only owners of a american sports franchise who actually wanted to stay at a old ground  rather than move at Fenway Park which  with Wigley Field is a glorious anachronism. For example both Texas Rangers and Atlanta Braves have both moved to new stadiums and then left to go to even newer ones in the last 25 years. 

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wouldn't have thought about 10 years ago Liverpool would stay in a extended Anfield, and it would be Everton who move to a new stadium in the city centre. Hicks and Gillet had planned a new stadium in Stanley Park and Everton proposed ground at Kirby got turned down, which in hindsight was a lucky escape for them

As legendary (I know cringe) venue  Anfield is I wonder if they  have missed a trick here.  I think Liverpool have probably got the only owners of a american sports franchise who actually wanted to stay at a old ground  rather than move at Fenway Park which  with Wigley Field is a glorious anachronism. For example both Texas Rangers and Atlanta Braves have both moved to new stadiums and then left to go to even newer ones in the last 25 years. 

Theres plans to extend Anfield to 61,000. Theres no real need for them to move is there. 

Problem is when you move to these new ground the souls gone.

Look at atmosphere at Emirates, spurs stadium and west ham. Nothing likw their old homes.

Goddison is a intimidating place to go if may suffee same fate as the above

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Problem is when you move to these new ground the souls gone.

Look at atmosphere at Emirates, spurs stadium and west ham. Nothing likw their old homes.

Goddison is a intimidating place to go if may suffee same fate as the above

On the other hand The King Power stadium has more sole than Filbert Street ever had. 

Edited by PaulC

On 30/03/2021 at 11:51, PaulC said:

The King Power stadium has more sole than Filbert Street ever had. 

That sounds fishy to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â