dudevillaisnice

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Never has a man made 'I'll come to your house and take you for a bit of lunch' sound so much like a death threat before.

and this from a man who has hospitalized burglars.

• 2 weeks later...

They're nothing special are they? 

The mega rich owners, spent a lot of money, carlo as manager, that great CL chasing start to the season. .. And they're just not that good, still need a lot of money spent on them, will be interesting to see if we're in the same central midfielder market as them cos sigurdsson and Andre Gomes are tosh and need replacing and Delph is half broken

• Like 2

Genuinely watched them five times this season and they've stunk the place out on every occasion (tonight and all of Palace, Burnley, Fulham and Newcastle at home). Of course they're better away but looking at their results they just grind results out like last week at Arsenal where they barely had a shot until the late Leno error.

They won't finish above Spurs or Liverpool so 8th at best season imo. We can still finish above them if we beat them at VP in two weeks.

Big problem is where do they go post Ancelotti as it's Mourinho style appointment for them and they've gambled on some quick fixes in key positions.

They remind me a bit of us under MON. Some good individual quality but they simply don't kick on when season gets to the crunch period.

Edited by VillaChris

I've thought this for a while now and well tonight's results only confirms it more for me, I think Ancelotti is doing a pretty terrible job and he's not far off Mourinho levels of finished. 

That squad is in a serious, serious need of an overhaul and well Carlo is not the man for that. I don't think they have a single player that excites me, just a bunch of old, boring and limited footballers. 

Ageing squad with a conservative management style, they've spent big and it hasn't always worked. I do have a big soft spot for Everton,  a real, quality old club, it will be interesting to see where they finish. Their defensive play was shocking today. Pickford saved them from a Liverpool-level mauling from us.

• Like 4

I think Everton has been shit for so long, they have had too many managers and a shit transfer policy for so long of just buying rejects from the top 6. Schneiderlein, Walcott, Delph, Iwobi etc. 

I think Ancelotti is the least of the problems

I like them too and was hoping we'd be jostling each other for Europe, after the way we both started the season.

Club-wise, it seems like we've weeded out most of what held us back, and we're definitely in the healthier situation at the moment, despite a frustrating run of form recently. They've still got a while yet.

Edited by His Name Is Death

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Everton has been shit for so long, they have had too many managers and a shit transfer policy for so long of just buying rejects from the top 6. Schneiderlein, Walcott, Delph, Iwobi etc. 

I think Ancelotti is the least of the problems

Most of those don't really start for them.

Their spine isn't terrible, Coleman and Digne still good full backs imo and a fully fit midfield of Allan-Doucoure-Glyfi/Hames looks decent and balanced. Richarlison really wasteful tonight but I think he'll explode one season and Calvert-Lewin had a really good goal return.

Weak at CB and having another good front 3 player.

Rodriguez will probably go regardless but sack Ancelotti and someone like Allan will quickly think what on earth he's doing playing under someone like Eddie Howe and want out so that's the balance.

Think they'll give it one more go with this squad and manager next season and then they'll rebuild while Evertonians are excited by the new stadium as it will be close to being ready in another two years I think.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Most of those don't really start for them.

Their spine isn't terrible, Coleman and Digne still good full backs imo and a fully fit midfield of Allan-Doucoure-Glyfi/Hames looks decent and balanced. Richarlison really wasteful tonight but I think he'll explode one season and Calvert-Lewin had a really good goal return.

Weak at CB and having another good front 3 player.

Rodriguez will probably go regardless but sack Ancelotti and someone like Allan will quickly think what on earth he's doing playing under someone like Eddie Howe and want out so that's the balance.

Think they'll give it one more go with this squad and manager next season and then they'll rebuild while Evertonians are excited by the new stadium as it will be close to being ready in another two years I think.

Well Ancelotti is there a year, they wont sack him now. They were shitter last year and beat Liverpool for first time in about 15 years. Its like Smith you cant turn shit around immediately it takes time

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They have a bunch of older players on high wages with very little resell value.

They'll just have to sell one of the big hitters and rebuild. Pretty sure Barca came in with 70m bid for Richalison last January so while he still has flaws in his game they could still get 50m + for him so that's their Grealish type.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They'll just have to sell one of the big hitters and rebuild. Pretty sure Barca came in with 70m bid for Richalison last January so while he still has flaws in his game they could still get 50m + for him so that's their Grealish type.

I do like Richarlison, but Barca are such a joke club at the moment they probably couldnt pay the bill

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

I do like Richarlison, but Barca are such a joke club at the moment they probably couldnt pay the bill

That wouldn’t stop them spending £100m on a player!   Just stick it on the billion euro credit card like the rest.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ender4 said:

That wouldn’t stop them spending £100 on a player!   Just stick it on the billion euro credit card like the rest.

Reckon even Barca can afford to spend a hundred quid on a player to be fair.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Gone under the radar a bit with Leicester imploding but I'd say them finishing 10th is biggest underachievement of season in premier league.

A season where they actually beat Liverpool, were in top 6/7 for pretty much whole season, have world class manager and spent about 500m since 2016.

Yet can't shake off that mentality of never pushing on when it really matters. At least we have the excuse of being newly promoted and losing Jack for three months.

Not really sure where they go from here and new stadium could easily impact them as much as it's needed.

Coutinho being their first summer signing would sum things up a bit.

Â