dudevillaisnice

• 3 weeks later...

1-5 at home against Atalanta (with Gollini once again on the bench) in the Europa League.

I get they are already out, but my god, show a little pride.

Those poor 17.400 paying fans should at least get their money back.

I was saying to the glory hunting (Man Utd/Arsenal) fans at work at the start of the season that Everton would struggle this season, the glory hunters were all saying no they will be challenging top 4. To me, the sale of Lukaku  reminded me of us after Benteke was sold.

14 hours ago, sne said:

1-5 at home against Atalanta (with Gollini once again on the bench) in the Europa League.

I get they are already out, but my god, show a little pride.

They're saving their best form for the league.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick said:

I feel sad for Everton. Good club, deserve better.

TBH I do too.  The post above was just Bantersaurus Rex.  I do not want them getting relegated.  The Premier League has enough Bournemouths and Huddersfields already.  There comes a tipping point and we've reached it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sne said:

I'm not sure I have any sympathy for them to be honest. Why would you pay to go see your reserve team play in a competition that you are already knocked out of? Maybe they had bought their Europa league tickets in a package before the group started... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BOF said:

TBH I do too.  The post above was just Bantersaurus Rex.  I do not want them getting relegated.  The Premier League has enough Bournemouths and Huddersfields already.  There comes a tipping point and we've reached it.

I was thinking what year did the prem/division one have the most 'big' or successful/historic clubs within it? I mean you have Nottingham forest and villa in the championship and Huddersfield and Bournemouth in the Premier so it's clearly not now. I reckon maybe 1995-96? It would probably be a league of 

Us, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Blackburn, Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds, Forest, Wolves, Southampton, Everton, the Sheffields, Baggies, Bolton, Middlesbrough and Derby. In my opinion.

What does everyone else reckon? Good arguments could be made for a lot of clubs. Sadly, history means nothing! 

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I was thinking what year did the prem/division one have the most 'big' or successful/historic clubs within it? I mean you have Nottingham forest and villa in the championship and Huddersfield and Bournemouth in the Premier so it's clearly not now. I reckon maybe 1995-96? It would probably be a league of 

Us, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Blackburn, Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds, Forest, Wolves, Southampton, Everton, the Sheffields, Baggies, Bolton, Middlesbrough and Derby. In my opinion.

What does everyone else reckon? Good arguments could be made for a lot of clubs. Sadly, history means nothing! 

Middlesbrough and Blackburn over Man City and (much as I hate them) West Ham seems wrong to me. 

Â