dudevillaisnice

20 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

The arrogance of former top players annoys me, just because they played at the elite level doesn’t mean they are entitled to manage there.

They should be filling to start where they are given an opportunity to learn. It would be in their own interests if they want to succeed as a manager, when they only want top jobs it makes me think it’s more about ego, money and their inability to let go of the dressing room.

I think it's called the 'myth of talent', the idea where people good in one field or even an aspect of a field (eg. Footy player) can automatically translate that over, eg being a manager. Pretty much no evidence that this exists but its still prevalent in sports especially punditry etc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why not target wolves boss? He lokks really promising and Everton are a far bigger club than wolves

Its not that easy to prise a manager away from another club mid-season. In the summer maybe but he has a job to do at wolves. 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its not that easy to prise a manager away from another club mid-season. In the summer maybe but he has a job to do at wolves. 

In normal circumstances, Everton go knocking on Wolves door waving enough cash they get their man.

Only its not normal circumstances at Wolves because of the involvement of the 'agent' and the odd way they are run.

I'd say 8 or 9 times out of 10 a PL club will be able to take a manager from a Championship club during the season fairly easily.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see how Dyche does if he's given the job. It's a totally different ball game managing Everton than it is to just grind out ~40 points points with Burnley every year. Also I assume Steve Walsh is still the head of recruitment there so if I was Dyche I'd be making sure I have a veto of any incoming players. You don't want a fat rooney or a £45m sigurdsson as a millstone around your neck.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:42, Demitri_C said:

Why not target wolves boss? He lokks really promising and Everton are a far bigger club than wolves

I think Everton will be looking for someone who has had more than 5 minutes of 'success'...

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep not a manager who got Valencia into champions league

1 season, 4th place (not bad).

Next season, failed at Porto and was sacked.

This season, doing quite well with very well backed and connected Wolves.

I just thought Everton would be looking for someone with a bit more experience and/or success at a higher level than that.

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

It will be interesting to see how Dyche does if he's given the job. It's a totally different ball game managing Everton than it is to just grind out ~40 points points with Burnley every year. Also I assume Steve Walsh is still the head of recruitment there so if I was Dyche I'd be making sure I have a veto of any incoming players. You don't want a fat rooney or a £45m sigurdsson as a millstone around your neck.

His style reminds me so much of MON. 4-4-2, players in rigid formation and get the ball up early.

That said Everton took Moyes and that generally worked out well. With Burnley now 7th Dyche has literally taken them as far as he possibly can.

Â