dudevillaisnice

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m not surprised.

No ex player should be given a job in the PL as their first managerial position. None. To do so is reckless ownership, it’s mind blowing that it happens.

In what other business would that happen? And let’s not kid ourselves that PL clubs aren’t first and foremost businesses.

Its madness.

Does it actually happen though? 

Don't the ex-players throw their hat in the ring, and everyone laughs, and they don't get appointed?

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I can only think of Zidane as a big name player that has gone on to be successful as a manager early on in his career. 

But even he served some form apprenticeship of sorts, having managed their second team for 2 years before getting the big job.

There will be examples of top players instantly performing as top managers, though few come immediately to mind, but most fail I would say. There certainly doesn’t seem to be much correlation between playing and management ability.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just out of interest, how often does it happen, these days? Are there many examples of it in the last five years? 

Less and less in fairness.

Just plenty of ex players like Yorke who think they deserve a chance.

I think the same applies to the Championship as well.

I don’t think new managers should get a chance above League One.

Slightly different, Shakespear at Leicester is similar. A good coach but no managerial experience yet he got the big job, madness.

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I can only think of Zidane as a big name player that has gone on to be successful as a manager early on in his career. 

Him and Pep have a pretty similar career history. 

Both first managing the B-teams and them taking over and being very successful.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Phil Neville. Ryan Giggs.

Get down to league 2 and learn your trade you pair of tossers.

David Unsworth as well!

yeah for all there faults when went into management Keane, Ince, Sheringham even Harry Kewell have all went down the league to start.

Some others think they are entitled to a top level job due to there medals

With Liverplop & Arsenal stuttering it would have been a good year to sneak into 5th or even 4th (Chelsea not seeming settled.) They ballsed up by not getting a good striker and a more solid CB than Williams.

Edited by TheAuthority

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kevin kilbane slaughtered walsh on the radio and pretty much blamed his ego for not bringing in Giroud. Also said he isnt shy to tell you about his role in Leicester success

Giroud's wife didn't want to move up from London so nothing to do with Steve Walsh.

Wagner wouldn't have an immediate impact imo, he took over mid season at Huddersfield and they stayed in the bottom half. He's the sort that needs a pre season to properly implement his tactics on the squad.

More I look at it Everton do probably need a firefighter for the rest of the season and then let them go for a more progressive manager. Would Big Sam just take the job for 6 months though?

Everton fans have delusions of grandeur if they think they're capable of appointing anyone like Ancelotti.

They have no chance of CL football and a massively disjointed squad with glaring holes in key positions.

They also have no player they can sell for mega money next summer to fund an overhaul of the squad.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2017 at 14:08, sne said:

Has Harry Redknapp expressed his interest yet or is he putting all his eggs in the Scotland job basket?

I'd rather he got Scotland, got no real beef with Everton so would rather that scrote Arry went to some scrub club. 

Â