dudevillaisnice

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Bielsa with this Everton side would be hilarious.

His system relies on ridiculous fitness levels to have hyper work rate across the team for 90mins. They're going to struggle to enact that midseason, while fighting a relegation battle, with limited goal threat in the team. It wouldn't work.

Be funny to watch though.

I think someone said in an earlier post he’s never taken a club job mid season. Makes sense. He’s a bit freakish over detail. Coleman would need to find fitness levels he had to 10 years ago to play for Bielsa. 

13 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

It should be Dyche, and I don't think he's a bad manager at all. He's far better than Bruce for example.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Dyche would probably help them stay up but surely he's not mad enough to go there?

Would he risk another relegation on his CV?

Maybe if he was given assurances that the job is his next season 

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well yes they have spunked a lot of money but what has their wages bill been in that period? I would suggest significantly lower than the other 5 clubs listed. And net spend is also important.

Yes good point. Wage bill predicts final league position far more closely rather than gross transfer fee spend.  

Still crazy though how much they have spent to be 19th!

Had a quick look on their forum to gauge the mood there, and some seem to be upset they aren't going for a Tuchel/Pochettino and turning their noses up at the likes of Bielsa and Dyche. I'm not being funny, but the squad is rank, there's very little money available and the whole atmosphere and relationship between fans, board and players is as dysfunctional and toxic as you could wish for. 

I get aiming high, but surely reality has to sink in at some point. I feel like it was different for us before anyone suggests that we were delusional, we had invested and were underperforming, everyone trusts NSWE to do the right thing and we all knew any new bloke coming in would be backed to the hilt. I just couldn't see any manager worth their salt risking their reputation on Dwight McNeil and Neal Maupay firing Everton to safety.

• Like 1

I've no idea what Dyche's other options are and what he's looking for, but it'd be an extremely thankless job if he goes to Everton. He'll probably keep them up and then he'll be hounded off at the first opportunity. Some managers like Bruce would be up for the job and the paycheck but it seems like Dyche is weighing his options for his next job more carefully.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

14 minutes ago, wict01 said:

Had a quick look on their forum to gauge the mood there, and some seem to be upset they aren't going for a Tuchel/Pochettino and turning their noses up at the likes of Bielsa and Dyche. I'm not being funny, but the squad is rank, there's very little money available and the whole atmosphere and relationship between fans, board and players is as dysfunctional and toxic as you could wish for. 

I get aiming high, but surely reality has to sink in at some point. I feel like it was different for us before anyone suggests that we were delusional, we had invested and were underperforming, everyone trusts NSWE to do the right thing and we all knew any new bloke coming in would be backed to the hilt. I just couldn't see any manager worth their salt risking their reputation on Dwight McNeil and Neal Maupay firing Everton to safety.

Spoke with a mate yesterday who is an Evertonian - he said "we've got no chance of getting Poch or Tuchel."  He knows they're in deep, deep poo.  It's very similar to us after Lambert/Sherwood, when we brought in Garde.  Continual decline culminating in inevitable relegation.  The best they can hope for is Dyche or Bielsa, and only because they happen to be available.  Beyond those two they'll be taking an even bigger risk on an unproven manager.  He actually thinks big Dunc would turn it down as he wouldn't want to do a Shearer and be the manager when they get relegated. 

I may be in the minority but I personally wouldn't want to see Everton get relegated.  They are a proper, traditional club and the only remaining ever-present in the premier league outside of the five Sky clubs (Dippers, ManUre, Chelski, Arse, Spuds).

They’re in a tough spot here for sure.

They don’t have to get the appointment bang on to achieve their current goals, someone can come in and do a decent job and keep them up because they’re far from being adrift and there are a number of clubs struggling this season.

The squad isn’t great but it should be competitive against the likes of Southampton, Forest, Bournemouth and Leeds.

However, get the appointment wrong and they’re relegated. I’m not sure Bielsa is the answer, his style is too radical to be easily implemented between now and the end of the season, he’s also not a long term appointment as he’s surely nearing retirement.

Is Chris Wilder working at the moment? Might not be a bad shout if they don’t want Dyche who I’d imagine would jump at the chance if offered.

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

bielsa turned them down by the sounds of it

I don't think that's a bad thing from their perspective. His unique system would need time and probably a squad overhaul. They need immediate results. Either a Dyche who can implement a defensive system fairly quickly or a very short term Sherwood-esque balls to the wall firefighter like Duncan Ferguson who could do enough to get them over the line and then re-assess in the summer.

Â