dudevillaisnice

57 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

said it before and i'll say it again. never met an everton fan that i've liked. such an unlikable fanbase. the red half...as in the proper match-attending fans, are actually alright from my experience. but everton fans just always seem to have a chip on their shoulder. and this is going back years, when i was in my early 20s i watched the 3-2 ash young winner game on my own in a pub and they were proper pricks to me all game. would LOVE it if they went down

They should of been relegated mid 90s on the last day, can’t remember the season. Shed for a stadium and yeah a shitty fanbase

They’re in deep trouble at this moment but I do think the saving grace for them is that the bottom is so congested right now. Just one win takes you up several places, as Wolves and Forest have found.

Massive week ahead and game for them next Saturday, which is West Ham away.  If they lose that then I think Frank will get the boot and wouldn’t shock me one bit if Dyche started the following Monday.   Dyche would no doubt make them harder to beat and probably keep them up as well.  Leeds, Leicester and possibly West Ham could then be next ones to panic and make a change.

Edited by ferguson1

23 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I may be wrong, but I dont remember us being as bad as that when we went (or were clearly going) down.

Seems like they've finally realised that the directors arent the ones who go on the pitch and dont put effort in

Peaceful protests indeed...

I think our fans took relegation with a shrugging acceptance born of the fact that we had circled the bowl for ages and were ripe for it. The disconnect to the club had become so massive that relegation failed to anger the vast majority of the fan base.

Everton probably do need a reset of some sort as the fans expectations at that club are way above what the club ever achieves.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, picicata said:

I think our fans took relegation with a shrugging acceptance born of the fact that we had circled the bowl for ages and were ripe for it. The disconnect to the club had become so massive that relegation failed to anger the vast majority of the fan base.

Everton probably do need a reset of some sort as the fans expectations at that club are way above what the club ever achieves.

I agree with you here and especially your last paragraph.  However, it’s probably harder for them to take than when it did happen to us because Liverpool across the park win a helluva lot of stuff, whereas we have them lot down the road that win nothing.  Just thinking that certainly wouldn’t help matters.   

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

This thread is funny...

It's not painting them in a good light is it, they seem to be like SHA fans.

Hopefully they keep Frank on a little longer, because the board don't seem to know what to do. They have tough games coming up too.

35 minutes ago, picicata said:

Relegation for us had been coming for a while, although Everton have also been in the mire for some time now.

I think the anger is partly because they’re not yet dead, there is still something to fight and get angry about. With us we were gone by this point, not mathematically but kinda mentally it was clear. As you say, acceptance had largely set in. If they’re already relegated, I can’t imagine Everton supporters will have a party like Villa supporters did on their final home game of the season.

Might not be part of it, but another difference with them is their local rivals are generally quite successful (less so this season admittedly). Like us Everton haven’t won anything in years, but we haven’t had to watch our neighbours regularly win trophy after trophy while they themselves at best tread water. That’s got to have some impact on the supporter psyche.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

I may be wrong, but I dont remember us being as bad as that when we went (or were clearly going) down.

Seems like they've finally realised that the directors arent the ones who go on the pitch and dont put effort in

Peaceful protests indeed...

That guy talking to him was talking to him in complete disrespect.  We all have passion but come on dont talk to the guy like a complete scumbag 

41 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Relegation for us had been coming for a while, although Everton have also been in the mire for some time now.

I think the anger is partly because they’re not yet dead, there is still something to fight and get angry about. With us we were gone by this point, not mathematically but kinda mentally it was clear. As you say, acceptance had largely set in. If they’re already relegated, I can’t imagine Everton supporters will have a party like Villa supporters did on their final home game of the season.

Might not be part of it, but another difference with them is their local rivals are generally quite successful (less so this season admittedly). Like us Everton haven’t won anything in years, but we haven’t had to watch our neighbours regularly win trophy after trophy while they themselves at best tread water. That’s got to have some impact on the supporter psyche.

I also think Everton have not been relegated since the 50s and we were relegated in the 80s probably helped the anger turn to acceptance

• Like 1

Â