dudevillaisnice

Seems like they've slipped from a sensible and effective tactic, if not exactly friendly (making the city a hostile place for opposing teams to visit) to an obviously counter-productive tactic (making their home games a hostile experience for their own players, manager and owners). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

I may be wrong, but I dont remember us being as bad as that when we went (or were clearly going) down.

Seems like they've finally realised that the directors arent the ones who go on the pitch and dont put effort in

Peaceful protests indeed...

Believe me mate we were utter dogshit. 3 wins all season, less than 20 points. Everton have already got 15.  Getting the flashbacks now.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Believe me mate we were utter dogshit. 3 wins all season, less than 20 points. Everton have already got 15.  Getting the flashbacks now.

We had an incredible 16 points by February 6th after 25 games. Ended with 17 

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Think 'I don't remember us being as bad as that' was referring to the fans' anger, rather than the quality of the performances on the pitch. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think 'I don't remember us being as bad as that' was referring to the fans' anger, rather than the quality of the performances on the pitch. 

Idrissa Gueye is having flashbacks with Conor Coady being the  Lescott and Tarkowski in the highly paid Richards role

They dont have a Gabby style striker who used to be good but stopped caring 

• Haha 2

Everton can still avoid relegation no problem. Just sack Frank. Still a badly run club in a bad way, but they are nowhere near in as bad shape as we were when we went down - they’re more like us in one of the 2 or 3 seasons before we went down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

After watching these angry fan videos, my heart goes out to the street cleaners of Liverpool for having to deal with flood-like proportions of spit on the streets. 

If it freezes, it'll be like a phlegmy ice rink. 

• Haha 1

When Villa players leave the stadium do they head straight to the M6 or drive through the mean streets of every Aston terraced street?

What's with these players driving down them roads with cars parked either side, one lane of traffic and no front garden houses?

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think we were all just worn down. It started pretty much in summer 2011 with McLeish coming on so it was a full five years at prem level of terrible results in league and cup, terrible manager selection and bargain basement signings being heralded as world beaters.

Ironically we had that protest v Everton when the ground just emptied at 75 minutes and then after there was individual booing for likes of Lescott so I imagine that wasn't great.

I'm always amazed teams don't just bus in and out and park their cars at the training ground. Everton will probably do that from now on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Everton can still avoid relegation no problem. Just sack Frank. Still a badly run club in a bad way, but they are nowhere near in as bad shape as we were when we went down - they’re more like us in one of the 2 or 3 seasons before we went down.

I think they are. Last season they scrambled safety on last Thursday of the season. They needed 9 home wins to do that. To equal that number they need to win 7 of their last 9 at Goodison and they still have to play Arsenal, Man. City, Spurs, Newcastle....and us (given we have a great record v them since we came up).

Still to equal last season's two away wins aswell and got to visit Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man. United etc...

I can't see them winning more than 5 games even with new manager so with a few draws that will get them to 33-34 points. When you think Wolves and Forest are firmly on upward trajectory now and Southampton may go on a run aswell dosen't leave that many other teams to have realistic chance of finishing above.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think the comparisons mostly reveal how much better they are than we were in 15/16 to be honest. Like, Gray and Gordon are not brilliant, but they're better than Sinclair and Gil. Onana is no Veretout (in a good way). Coady is way better for them than Lescott was for us. Etc etc. 

ATEOTD our side in 15/16 turned in the 4th lowest points total in PL history and relative to the size of the club and expectations was arguably the worst side ever in PL history. Even if Everton end up getting relegated they'll probably never experience a side quite as shit as we offered that season. 

Their problems are mainly a bloody awful, miles out of his depth manager, like we had a couple of months ago. 

It's a complete mystery how Lampard is still there. Madness. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

When Villa players leave the stadium do they head straight to the M6 or drive through the mean streets of every Aston terraced street?

What's with these players driving down them roads with cars parked either side, one lane of traffic and no front garden houses?

If I were them I'd go to The Hot Wok for some Chinese Chips with curry sauce to wait for things to calm down. 

• Haha 1

Â