Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Has shown himself to be the best bit of business done in January in terms of effectiveness. Suarez has been a top signing, but hasnt had the same effect on Liverpool's results as Bent has with us.

With sunderland this season (Until Jan) he scored 8 goals in 20 appearances.. With us (Jan onwards) .. 11 appearances, 6 goals.. Can't argue with that, brilliant player.

Who is our top scorer so far this season? I reckon Bent will be top scorer for us this season even though he joined in Jan if he carries on this form (signs suggest he will).

Quite simply the bold, big signing that has saved our season. I really believe that he's kept us up. The way he took our goals against Everton, Man City and West Ham were priceless.

Credit to Houllier for being bold enough in having the ambition to sign someone of this calibre when his team were near the bottom of the league.

He already is our top scorer, which doesnt say much about our other strikers
TBF, our other strikers are not the same class as Bent. Bent is an out and out goal scorer. If Gabby had the same nack of getting into the right areas he'd be an animal to.

He should have 8 goals in 11 appearances but for dodgy reffing/linoing, best bit of big business in the JTW.

I **** love this bloke already.

He should have 8 goals in 11 appearances but for dodgy reffing/linoing, best bit of big business in the JTW.

I make it 9 in 11 but either way I agree.

Which one was the third Trent? Obviously we have the "onside" one against NUFC, the clearly fine goal against West Ham, was it against United?

There was an amusing Darren Bent thread in 'Other Football' but it seems to have been mysteriously deleted. :detect:

That should have been put in the Hall of Fame so that people could have a good old laugh at themselves/others as it contained some comedy amateur punditry.

My favourite comment was: "Gabby and Big John are better". :lol:

:flag:

I make it 9 in 11 but either way I agree.

Which one was the third Trent? Obviously we have the "onside" one against NUFC, the clearly fine goal against West Ham, was it against United?

Don't forget Ash stole 3 penalties from him.

Got a good goal, and by the looks of it (although ive only seen it once) should have had 2.

Also looked (and Ive only seen MOTD) that he was more involved creatively. Great pass out wide to Ash and some nice 'Yorke/cole' one twos with Ash in the 2nd half.

How did he look overal with Heskey??

Not bad tbf, some of the aerial flick-ons that Ash would normally have and give to their left back, Heskey won and got to Bent or Ash, he won the ball back for Bent's goal. He also had his silly moments but Heskey looked good to me he is just lambasted on here for not scoring goals and looking clumsy but he offers a lot to the team and we'd miss him if he were to leave and not be replaced by a similar player

I agree about Heskey he did the donkey work that allowed Bent to have his best game for us in my opinion. Bents movement on Saturday was awesome the boy can only get better too with a full pre season and players that learn his runs.

Â