Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

loving dazza B. he is amazing from the first till the last minute his running always trying to make something for himself or others.just shows what villa have truly been missing for the last 5 years. villa legend in the making.

That long pass to Young in the first half was sensational.

This. For all the stick Bent gets for being supposedly shit at buildup play he's actually a pretty good team player and that's why Capello likes to pick him. I couldn't imagine say a Torres doing the linkup work Bent did against West Ham.

"It's becoming a habit," said Bent. "I had a goal ruled out last week that wasn't offside. A couple of weeks before that, the same thing. And today a powerful header but it's been flagged again."

"You think is it me, is it me? But Luke Young put another great ball in and I managed to get across and finish the second one off."

We will be flying next season.

Bent (if stays fit) will score 20 league goals.

Gabby will get 10+

Ash (if stays) will get 10

Downing will get 6-10

Other midfielders - Alby, Makoun, Delph etc - will chip in with another 6-10

Defence will get 5+ between them

That all adds up to a very tidy goals for tally. All we need is to learn how to keep them out at the back again and we will be a very good side again :D

He's a goal scoring machine.

People say 'he offers nothing but goals to the team' yet yesterday he played some amazing passes.

And if a striker only offers 6 goals in his first 11 games, then I can live with that..

It'll be an interesting battle between him and Andy Carroll for who becomes England's regular main striker now. Both will have a good shout, just depends on form and how Capello/Redknapp/whoever takes over wants to structure the attack. At this present time though, I would say Bent is England's number 1 choice striker.

He's a goal scoring machine.

People say 'he offers nothing but goals to the team' yet yesterday he played some amazing passes.

And if a striker only offers 6 goals in his first 11 games, then I can live with that..

It'll be an interesting battle between him and Andy Carroll for who becomes England's regular main striker now. Both will have a good shout, just depends on form and how Capello/Redknapp/whoever takes over wants to structure the attack. At this present time though, I would say Bent is England's number 1 choice striker.

I hope Redknapp's falling out with Bent doesn't hinder his England chances. If Defoe starts playing ahead of him it'll be ridiculous.

He doesn't 'only' offer goals, he also offers movement. But despite a couple of nice passes yesterday, he only completed 8 all match, so he's hardly getting involved much with the build up.

Which is fine. We don't need him to. If he keeps playing as he has been for us, I think we'll all be delighted.

I don't understand this ''darren bent is not a good player, all he is good at is scoring goals''. Thats the whole point of football, to score goals. All the Brazilian Ronaldo ever did was score goals.

no it isnt

he used to eat pies and **** ladyboys

Bent = Ronaldo?

you need to watch this:

Ronaldo is, IMO, the greatest player of all time.

You have completely misunderstood what I was saying. i did not say Bent was equal to Ronaldo so don't imply that I did. What I said was, people stupidly crticise Bent because all he does is score goals, but doesn't do anything else, i.e link up, assists, defending for the team at set pieces etc, but my point was all the Brazilian Ronaldo ever did was score goals. If you don't have the intelligence to understand my point, I can't be bothered to conversate with you.

I don't understand this ''darren bent is not a good player, all he is good at is scoring goals''. Thats the whole point of football, to score goals. All the Brazilian Ronaldo ever did was score goals.

no it isnt

he used to eat pies and **** ladyboys

Bent = Ronaldo?

you need to watch this:

Ronaldo is, IMO, the greatest player of all time.

You have completely misunderstood what I was saying. i did not say Bent was equal to Ronaldo so don't imply that I did. What I said was, people stupidly crticise Bent because all he does is score goals, but doesn't do anything else, i.e link up, assists, defending for the team at set pieces etc, but my point was all the Brazilian Ronaldo ever did was score goals. If you don't have the intelligence to understand my point, I can't be bothered to conversate with you.

:shock:

Don't start this balls again, the last thread didn't get locked for nothing. Save yourselves the trouble and enjoy the the man we have. Talking of which - true facts:

Darren Bent built the hospital he was born in.

He built Rome in a day.

He created God.

He told DFS to have a sale. He's yet to tell them to stop.

Windows 7 was Darren Bent's idea.

He once gave an uppercut to a donkey, it was on this day that the giraffe came into existence.

MC Hammer can't touch Darren Bent.

When he works out, the machines get stronger.

He gave the Royal Family the day off for his wedding.

Bent ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

He also shagged John Terry's wife, and John Terry will still shake his hand.

He can smell what The Rock is cookin'.

And in Cool Runnings it was Darren Bent who Junior Bevil noticed in the mirror.

I wonder how many Villa fans wanted Bent When Spurs bought him and sold him.

Seems we were right!

He's the exact player we need, and whether or not he has great build up play etc I couldnt give a toss. We needed a poacher for about 10 seasons. Now we have one and he's scored 6 goals in 11 games.

Who cares if he cant hold the ball up or misses 3 sitters. If he carries on scoring 1 in 2 then we'll make top 4.

Â