Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Gary Lineker springs to mind. What a crap player ... all he did was score goals!

Bent is that type of player.

That is why, for me, you have to build a team around him to make sure:

1. That you get the best out of him by feeding him with as many chances as possible; and

2. You have nine other outfield players that can do more than/contribute in a wider sense.

Bent is the best goalscorer in the league. Lets appreciate him for that and make sure that we exploit that fully.

While Darren Bent is nowhere near as good a player as Linekar, i do appreciate your point. However, you only have to look at what Gary linekar did at barcelona (think he played on the wing) to know how a goalscorer like that can be limited.

Now Im not for 1 minute suggesting that Bent will be played on the wing, but there will be tough games where he wont get service on a plate, and we will need him to offer more than 6 yard finishes. Hopefully he can do that

and to be fair to him, it looked like he did on Saturday

He has that knack... The knack of getting into the right place at the right time. You can't teach that. He's netted 89 league goals now? Will score 20 goals next season IMO.

I wish Bent would do a bit more too.

Instead of holding the ball up, playing people in and scoring goals and generally being ace and the player we've been crying out for for years, why doesnt he come around and paint my shed too or maybe spend some time coming up with treatments for superbugs.

Bumblebees are in decline yet he does nothing to preserve this noble insect. Ive noticed the roads are still rife with potholes after last years cold spell yet do you see Bent rolling them off with new asphalt? Do you ****.

Ive a good mind to ask him to help out with my new suspension.

I wish Bent would do a bit more too.

Instead of holding the ball up, playing people in and scoring goals and generally being ace and the player we've been crying out for for years

done that every game has he??

Has no room for improvement??

Or is he just like our other players who have their faults that we sometimes discuss in a mature manner??

There's nothing mature about talking out of your arse.

In fact, it's quite childish. Use your mouth as God intended.

(I appreciate we're just typing).

Sorry Woody, I'm just taking the piss because that's really all your contribution to this thread deserves. No offence.

Ive seen Messi and Rooney and the like have a few average games too by the way. They're still ace.

There's nothing mature about talking out of your arse.

In fact, it's quite childish. Use your mouth as God intended.

(I appreciate we're just typing).

Sorry Woody, I'm just taking the piss because that's really all your contribution to this thread deserves. No offence.

Ive seen Messi and Rooney and the like have a few average games too by the way. They're still ace.

Im a bit lost as to what your point is?

Why is this thread a piss take?

Because not everyone is willing to overeact to a 2-1 win away at West Ham??

Because not everyone believes Darren Bent is the sole reason we look to be safe?

Because different people have different opinions??

Anyone else bored of this *woodytom says something controversial about Bent...everyone else replies with opinions, stats and counter arguments... and repeat*

Just a bit

I dont even think ive said anything controversial tbh

The good thing about our team is that we have players around him who can also score goals.

Ash (if he stays), Downing, Bannan, Delph, Gabby.. all have goals in them.

Anyone else bored of this *woodytom says something controversial about Bent...everyone else replies with opinions, stats and counter arguments... and repeat*

Just a bit

Nah, just general nonsense, that's all.

Just a bit

Im all ears Jonno?? Whats this nonsense?? If its just that we dont agree he does nothing more but score goals - than thats fine. I wouldnt class that as nonsence. Just a different opinion - and Ive already said enough times that it may be my own fault for not seeing enough, that i have that opinion.

Zappa has spoken, and he's usually right about things

:winkold:

Ps, is that a bifftain in his hand? I thought he was renowned for his anti-drug stance

Nah he's just twiddling his tache or something.

You're right. All he did was tabs and coffee. And how!

Zappa has spoken, and he's usually right about things

:winkold:

Ps, is that a bifftain in his hand? I thought he was renowned for his anti-drug stance

Nah he's just twiddling his tache or something.

You're right. All he did was tabs and coffee. And how!

Hard to believe upon a listening of 'Jazz from Hell' :shock:

Just a bit

Im all ears Jonno?? Whats this nonsense?? If its just that we dont agree he does nothing more but score goals - than thats fine. I wouldnt class that as nonsence. Just a different opinion - and Ive already said enough times that it may be my own fault for not seeing enough, that i have that opinion.

You're totally entitled to your own opinion, but that doesn't give you a 'God-given' right to declare that it isn't a load of rubbish though.

Â