Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

:lol: I mean't on the pitch. Ronaldo wasn't known for his link up play and assissts, he just put the ball in the back of the net very often, just like Bent does. Whereas players like Messi and Ronaldo do get almost as many assissts as goals, do link up with teammates and do as much work outside the box as they do inside.

jesus... seriously?!?!

ronaldo was an absolute animal, he could pick the ball up deep and do magical things with it. he had tonnes of pace, and more technical skill than most. to say he didnt do much other than score is absolutely insane

indeed Real Ronaldo is the best striker probably of all time.

When MON writes his inevitable autobiography, he'll have to admit that not signing Bent when he (presumably) had the chance was one of his biggest mistakes.

Funny how many of us never really considered him, or thought he might flop. There he was, though, all along, staring us in the face. Oh, the wasted years with no Dazza.

That would involve MON actually admitting an error.

Daren Bent needs a special song. Something unique. Cracking player.

to the tune of agadoo by black lace.

Darren bent, bent, bent, he scores 1,2 and 3

Darren bent bent bent he is pure quality,

from the left and the right he can score all through the night

Darren bent bent bent his worth the money that we spent

When MON writes his inevitable autobiography, he'll have to admit that not signing Bent when he (presumably) had the chance was one of his biggest mistakes.

Funny how many of us never really considered him, or thought he might flop. There he was, though, all along, staring us in the face. Oh, the wasted years with no Dazza.

That would involve MON actually admitting an error.

i've called for his signing for years, he'd score goals in any team in world football but i always felt that he'd suit us

"The one I liken him to, who was a lethal finisher as well, is Robbie Fowler. He was clinical like that. Instinctive. Every single training, he scores."
Uh oh, shitstorm incoming.

What, another Liverpool reference? Well, yes. But it's been a while so we'll let him off :winkold:

I thought all Villa fans were crying out for Bent to sign for Villa. Especially when he left Spurs.

I think an ITK said MON was interested but he didn't want to go any higher than £9 million for him.

I thought all Villa fans were crying out for Bent to sign for Villa. Especially when he left Spurs.

I think an ITK said MON was interested but he didn't want to go any higher than £9 million for him.

Maybe MOST of us wanted Bent. I admit I wasn't so sure. Probably would rather have signed him than Heskey, mind you. I just got a feeling his confidence was shot after his spell with the spuds.

But signing Heskey instead was clearly false economy. As the saying goes "Why spend all that money on something that will do the job, when you can save a bit and get something that won't?!"

I must admit the following:

1. I was quite excited when we signed Heskey and thought he would be great buy. I still believe he would have been IF MON had used him as a centre forward and NOT an attacking CM'er.

2. I was not desparate for Bent at the time of his transfer to Sunderland as I thought his time had Spuds would have impacted him and I wasn't sure he would fit our style of play.

But Bent's worth it.

Oh yeah, and I can't believe our Dazza didn't make it into Garth Crooks' team of the week. That guy doesn't know anything.

There are very few things you can say on this board and be safe in the knowledge that everyone will agree with you, but Garth Crooks and his complete lack of understanding of football, coupled with his general persona falls neatly in that narrow category. :)

Daren Bent needs a special song. Something unique. Cracking player.

to the tune of agadoo by black lace.

Darren bent, bent, bent, he scores 1,2 and 3

from the left and the right he can score all through the night

Darren bent bent bent his worth the money that we spent

Or, (if you'll allow me):

Darren bent, bent, bent, he scores 1,2 and 3,

from the left, from the right, with his head and on the floor,

Darren bent bent bent, worth his transfer fee and more!

What the **** was that all about with that Brum announcer on Saturday at half time announcing the Villa score. The goalscorer for Villa was Daaarren Bent. The Brum fans barely batted an eyelid. Can you imagine playing Blackburn and a few year back and the SOL commentator telling us at half time the scorer for Newcastle was Alllan Sheeeeearer

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Quote from readytogo

What the **** was that all about with that Brum announcer on Saturday at half time announcing the Villa score. The goalscorer for Villa was Daaarren Bent. The Brum fans barely batted an eyelid. Can you imagine playing Blackburn and a few year back and the SOL commentator telling us at half time the scorer for Newcastle was Alllan Sheeeeearer

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Quote from readytogo

Haha that is brilliant. Offending both sets of fans, good work announcer :cheers:

This is from F365

Darren Bent

To return for the sake of argument to January's muse that 'if it is true that relegation from the elite would cost Villa £50m, and 40 points will be sufficient for survival, then each of the 17 Villa still required before this weekend would be worth a few pounds short of £3m. One match-winning goal later, it could thus be bottom-lined that Bent repaid almost £6m on his debut - approximately a quarter of his prospective total cost'.

Since then, Bent hasn't returned quite such a rich dividend, with two of his five goals occurring in defeat, but if January's calculation was accurate, then his brace in the 2-2 draw at Everton was worth £3m and his strike this weekend, without which Villa would have only drawn, another £6m. In sum, he's already very nearly repaid all of the up-front fee paid by Villa to Sunderland for his services.

This is from F365

Darren Bent

To return for the sake of argument to January's muse that 'if it is true that relegation from the elite would cost Villa £50m, and 40 points will be sufficient for survival, then each of the 17 Villa still required before this weekend would be worth a few pounds short of £3m. One match-winning goal later, it could thus be bottom-lined that Bent repaid almost £6m on his debut - approximately a quarter of his prospective total cost'.

Since then, Bent hasn't returned quite such a rich dividend, with two of his five goals occurring in defeat, but if January's calculation was accurate, then his brace in the 2-2 draw at Everton was worth £3m and his strike this weekend, without which Villa would have only drawn, another £6m. In sum, he's already very nearly repaid all of the up-front fee paid by Villa to Sunderland for his services.

when your break it down like that its mad, at the time most people where like wow!. Its a massive amount of money, but its the one area all down through the years that we have never really spent massive money on.

Â