Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Put it this way, if Bent did a lot more he wouldn't be at Aston Villa, he would be at Man Utd, Chelsea or wouldn't have left Spurs, or Man City would have paid £40-50 million for him.

We all know his link up/hold up play is his weakest part of his game, but to be honest, he has surprised me with how good it is. You also have to remember he is still settling into a team low in confidence and scored 6 in 11 and had 2 or 3 ruled out (how many have Torres, Carroll, Suarez and Dzeko scored while settling into better teams?), he has been fantastic so far, and we could easily build a team around him.

Anyone else bored of this *woodytom says something controversial about Bent...everyone else replies with opinions, stats and counter arguments... and repeat*

Just a bit

I dont even think ive said anything controversial tbh

Nah, just general nonsense, that's all.

Im all ears Jonno?? Whats this nonsense?? If its just that we dont agree he does nothing more but score goals - than thats fine. I wouldnt class that as nonsence. Just a different opinion - and Ive already said enough times that it may be my own fault for not seeing enough, that i have that opinion.

You're totally entitled to your own opinion, but that doesn't give you a 'God-given' right to declare that it isn't a load of rubbish though.

Very true, although im not sure whats iniatiated you telling me that.

A statement which could be applied to you and everyone else in the world

He has that rare commodity, but plentiful amongst the great goalscorers ....positional sense.

His movement is very impressive.

ps to be on par with Drogba & Rooney over 5 years golascoring and to be playing with inferior players along the way,says it all for me.

He's a natural.

Bent has been fantastic since signing for us, and the key reason for us propelling up the table, so IMO its money well spent. I can't wait to see what he produces for us next season as I imagine we'll pretty much have a team built around him. His goals return for us is very impressive when you consider the circumstances. He's gona be a vp hero I reckon if he carries on in this vein for us!

Anyone else bored of this *woodytom says something controversial about Bent...everyone else replies with opinions, stats and counter arguments... and repeat*

Bored yes but its easily ignored. Blatantly just trying to save face since hes slagged Bent off since day one here, saying otherwise now would just contradict himself.

Its all a load of old tosh like, but if it makes him happy...

Bent's first touch and hold up play can be frustrating at times and i'm sure that GH will have noted that. I would expect that when our coaching team gets to work on him then his hold up play will only improve and we will benefit from that next season.

However, i'm slightly worried that since we now have got into a habit of selling our best players, maybe someone from the top six or from abroad might make an inquiry about him in the summer?

That's the beauty of it.

Arsenal have their poacher.

Chelsea have sturridge/Torres/Drogba/Anelka

Spurs have had him and hated him

Citeh have got Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko etc

United have Berba/Rooneh/Hernandez

Plop have Suarez/Carroll/Kuyt

The only team that need him are Everton. And I don't see him leaving us for them.

Â