Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

When MON writes his inevitable autobiography, he'll have to admit that not signing Bent when he (presumably) had the chance was one of his biggest mistakes.

Funny how many of us never really considered him, or thought he might flop. There he was, though, all along, staring us in the face. Oh, the wasted years with no Dazza.

I've been wanting him since he left Charlton, but when he went to Sunderland I thought we'd never get him. What a wonderful bolt out of the blue that was.

Love to know the inside story about how we pulled it off.

Seems it all started with DB's mum being racially abused in Sunderland by a bunch of Mackem eejits who almost certainly didn't know who she was. Ooops. :P

When MON writes his inevitable autobiography, he'll have to admit that not signing Bent when he (presumably) had the chance was one of his biggest mistakes.

Funny how many of us never really considered him, or thought he might flop. There he was, though, all along, staring us in the face. Oh, the wasted years with no Dazza.

I've been wanting him since he left Charlton, but when he went to Sunderland I thought we'd never get him. What a wonderful bolt out of the blue that was.

there were lots of us in 2007 crying out for him, it is in the hall of fame thread for MON's first transfer window

2 times he could have signed him at chorlton although we were probably priced out of it, and blunderland. we have him now though.

lets hope we can keep him fit and firing on all cylinders

Who was that Mackem sword swallower who said Bent wouldn't be missed as he was their third best striker? And where are Sunderland now?

It has to be said, Bent is absolutely our best striker, regardless of what the fans of a team on a horrendous run of form say about him.

Sunderland are going down...

One point from 27 for Sunderland since Darren Bent moved to Villa...
I thought it was 4?

Regardless, Sunderland and their fans look pretty stupid now.

4 from 30 I believe.

Seems to have been a snip at 24 mill, remember what some of the press where saying about it at the time, when you look at Torres for 50 mill as well. At least Houllier has done something right while he's been here.

Super Darren Bent. He misses a few, but he scores a few as well.

Has 6, should legitimately have 8, if you include 4 pens we've won with him here, that's 12. Missed about 4 sitters, so it's no exaggeration to say 16 goals in 11 appearances could have happened.

Has 6, should legitimately have 8, if you include 4 pens we've won with him here, that's 12. Missed about 4 sitters, so it's no exaggeration to say 16 goals in 11 appearances could have happened.

Plus, if you include the chances we ALMOST created for him....:)

I don't understand this ''darren bent is not a good player, all he is good at is scoring goals''. Thats the whole point of football, to score goals. All the Brazilian Ronaldo ever did was score goals.

Plus, if you include the chances we ALMOST created for him....:)

And all the goals he scored for Sunderland, cause he could have signed for us at the start of the season.

I don't understand this ''darren bent is not a good player, all he is good at is scoring goals''. Thats the whole point of football, to score goals. All the Brazilian Ronaldo ever did was score goals.

no it isnt

he used to eat pies and **** ladyboys

Â