Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

In addition to his goal scoring talents, lets not forget the puns that can created by having Young and Bent in the team... oh the possibilities of Robbie Keane joining us... and now Lee Camp... Dunne could be a contender...

Young, Keane, Bent and Dunne.

(Sitting at my desk in the office is not good for me)

Got a good goal, and by the looks of it (although ive only seen it once) should have had 2.

Also looked (and Ive only seen MOTD) that he was more involved creatively. Great pass out wide to Ash and some nice 'Yorke/cole' one twos with Ash in the 2nd half.

How did he look overal with Heskey??

from

I dont rate him. simple as. I think its a waste of money. Yes goalscorers cost money, but hes not scoring. Maybe the service hasnt been great but ive seen him miss a hatful. When you think Chelsea got drogba - a goalscorer and a great alround game for pretty much the same price, it just doesnt add up.

3 goals in 8?? Not good enough for me. Im sure people will say give him time, but, we aint got time!!

Got a good goal, and by the looks of it (although ive only seen it once) should have had 2.

Also looked (and Ive only seen MOTD) that he was more involved creatively. Great pass out wide to Ash and some nice 'Yorke/cole' one twos with Ash in the 2nd half.

from

I dont rate him. simple as. I think its a waste of money. Yes goalscorers cost money, but hes not scoring. Maybe the service hasnt been great but ive seen him miss a hatful. When you think Chelsea got drogba - a goalscorer and a great alround game for pretty much the same price, it just doesnt add up.

3 goals in 8?? Not good enough for me. Im sure people will say give him time, but, we aint got time!!

:D:D

from

lol, yep fair play. I assumed you meant from what I was saying on friday.

That must have been after the wolves game when frustrations were high. Since then hes scored 3 in 3 so fair play to him.

I think you will agree tho that since that post Ive been less aggressive/frustrated with him in what I have said. Today isnt the first time ive said positive things about him

Thats for two inferior teams to Chelsea, with poorer service. Bent is a very good player and in fact has already proved a bargain considering he's 6m more than Downing in transfer fees, and Downing has scored two goals more in his Villa career (yes he;s a winger, but he does score.) Bent is IMO the best striker we have had since Yorke.

from

lol, yep fair play. I assumed you meant from what I was saying on friday.

That must have been after the wolves game when frustrations were high. Since then hes scored 3 in 3 so fair play to him.

I think you will agree tho that since that post Ive been less aggressive/frustrated with him in what I have said. Today isnt the first time ive said positive things about him

Yes it was apres Wolves. Where emotions were running high, which is why my post was delivered with a wink. People say kneejerk things sometimes, we all do it. Anyway, I'm glad you were wrong! :D;)

Thats for two inferior teams to Chelsea, with poorer service. Bent is a very good player and in fact has already proved a bargain considering he's 6m more than Downing in transfer fees, and Downing has scored two goals more in his Villa career (yes he;s a winger, but he does score.) Bent is IMO the best striker we have had since Yorke.

agreed

I've got my fingers firmly crossed that we've finally got ourselves a 20 goals a season striker...I don't think Darren Bent is the finished article by any means, but he's a natural born goalscorer and that's what we're in desperate need of. Thumbs up from me.

Daren Bent needs a special song. Something unique. Cracking player.

to the tune of agadoo by black lace.

Darren bent, bent, bent, he scores 1,2 and 3

Darren bent bent bent he is pure quality,

from the left and the right he can score all through the night

Darren bent bent bent his worth the money that we spent

Or, (if you'll allow me):

Darren bent, bent, bent, he scores 1,2 and 3,

Darren bent bent bent he is pure quality,

from the left, from the right, with his head and on the floor,

Darren bent bent bent, worth his transfer fee and more!

i like it any will do. very catchy

He should have 8 goals in 11 appearances but for dodgy reffing/linoing, best bit of big business in the JTW.

I **** love this bloke already.

I make it 9 in 11 but either way I agree.

I make it 7. Funny game!

The Premier League has it at 6.

Not bad tbf, some of the aerial flick-ons that Ash would normally have and give to their left back, Heskey won and got to Bent or Ash, he won the ball back for Bent's goal. He also had his silly moments but Heskey looked good to me he is just lambasted on here for not scoring goals and looking clumsy but he offers a lot to the team and we'd miss him if he were to leave and not be replaced by a similar player

I'm not an Emile hater but whilst Emile did do some donkey work and ultimately won the ball for our goal he really didnt look good and all too often gave the ball away. I imagine his passing stats during that game would be awful.

I thought Heskey generally was pretty poor vs West Ham, I think since that Sunderland game and the signing of Bent, which has reduced Heskey back to being 2nd/3rd choice, his confidence has been lost. I think he was thriving of being the main striker for us and he was excellent earlier in the season but vs West Ham, he looked a shadow of what he was. Which is a shame.

I really hope Gabby and Bent form a proper partnership next season. If Gabby can stay fit, the two of them could be absolutely electric...

droooool

Indeed if we can get Gabby back to the beast of last season i think it could be very promising.

I didn't like Houllier telling Gabby to stop bulking up, because his hold up play was superb last season, and would work well with Bent in my opinion.

Â