Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

What about at Fulham, where he played for a longer period in the same league as us?

3 goals in 11 starts. So assuming he kept that strike rate up arguably would have got 10 goals in 38 starts. :rolleyes:

In fact his goals per minute ratio in that supposed terrible season (playing for a worse side) is better than Benteke, Gabby and Weimann have managed this season.  ;)

Edited by Brumstopdogs

11 starts and 13 sub appearances.  If you want to just focus on starts then you need to take away the goal(s) he scored as sub.

Edit: I think all his goals were scored as sub.  Therefore 0 goals in 11 starts.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1

why did he only get 11 starts if he is this great striker. was 2 kids ahead of him at end of season

also no other Premier League club has come in for the English Ronaldo

Fulham mainly played with one up front in Berbatov and to be fair Berbatov is IMO a better player so no big surprise there.

The manager at the end of the season dropped lots of senior players and he got sacked after 20 games for his woeful decisions!

As for no other teams coming in for him - Newcastle and Palace both wanted him.  Let's see how he gets on at Derby.

why did he only get 11 starts if he is this great striker. was 2 kids ahead of him at end of season

also no other Premier League club has come in for the English Ronaldo

Fulham mainly played with one up front in Berbatov and to be fair Berbatov is IMO a better player so no big surprise there.

The manager at the end of the season dropped lots of senior players and he got sacked after 20 games for his woeful decisions!

As for no other teams coming in for him - Newcastle and Palace both wanted him.  Let's see how he gets on at Derby.

Berbatov left in January

as for Newcastle and Palace I dont believe they did or they would have signed him instead of having to go Brighton

• Like 1

11 starts and 13 sub appearances.  If you want to just focus on starts then you need to take away the goal(s) he scored as sub.

Edit: I think all his goals were scored as sub.  Therefore 0 goals in 11 starts.

May or may not be true!

Regardless, in the supposed season he is being made out to have failed he outperformed all 3 of what Weimann, Gabby and Benteke have managed this season.

May or may not be true!

Regardless, in the supposed season he is being made out to have failed he outperformed all 3 of what Weimann, Gabby and Benteke have managed this season.

Bent has zero Premier League goals this season in 7 games

Benteke has 2 in 11

Bent has zero Premier League goals this season in 7 games

Benteke has 2 in 11

LOL - yeah Bent should have scored at least 10 in the 78 minutes he has played this season in the PL.

Benteke has 2 in13 in the league by the way ;)

But how many starts?  :detect:

11 starts and 13 sub appearances. If you want to just focus on starts then you need to take away the goal(s) he scored as sub.

Edit: I think all his goals were scored as sub. Therefore 0 goals in 11 starts.

May or may not be true!

Not may. IS true. I thought you loved a fact?

• Like 1

Im really not that fussed about how he plays for anyone else.

Kept us up when we bought him. The times he played under Lambert he was pretty poor imo. I can understand why he was stripped of the captaincy and dropped after Soton away in Lamberts first season.

What about at Fulham, where he played for a longer period in the same league as us?

3 goals in 11 starts. So assuming he kept that strike rate up arguably would have got 10 goals in 38 starts. :rolleyes:

In fact his goals per minute ratio in that supposed terrible season (playing for a worse side) is better than Benteke, Gabby and Weimann have managed this season.  ;)

Why?

Did he only score in his starts?

(No he didn't, he scored all as a sub. So 0 goals in 11 starts)

If he came on after 1 minute, would you discard that game because he didn't start?

Like I said, he averaged about an hour's game time in the games he played. If you want to be exact and deal in "facts", he played 1239 minutes and scored 3 goals.

Hardly amazing.

• Like 1

Like I said, he averaged about an hour's game time in the games he played. If you want to be exact and deal in "facts", he played 1239 minutes and scored 3 goals.

Hardly amazing.

That is a better goals per minute ratio than our 3 most used forward players have managed this season and Bent achieved his at a worse side than us.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Hardly amazing.

That is a better goals per minute ratio than our 3 most used forward players have managed this season and Bent achieved his at a worse side than us.

Great. That proves nothing.

Do you honestly think Bent would have solved our goalscoring problems this season?

Our lack of goalscoring runs a lot deeper than the striker we play. Benteke has hardly been missing hatfuls of chances has he?

We don't have a misfiring striker, we have a misfiring team.

Are you seriously trying to argue that we'd have been better off with Darren Bent this season?

• Like 1

Â