Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I'm not sure what Bent would have given us today from the start given Benteke was very much our main man with Gabby playing off of him. Now I wouldn't exactly be averse to seeing Gabby playing midfield with Bent and Benteke up top. The reason is because we have no quality in midfield, Gabby couldn't do any worse going forward than Holman and Albrighton, although we'll be losing some defensive capacity with that move.

Bent when he did come on didn't look particularly bothered, now I'm sure his apologists will blame others for that, but he could have easily made more of an effort to chase down their back four whenever they had the ball.

I agree, Albrighton isn't a good player, he's championship standard, however if Gabby were to play there we'd lose the covering Albrighton does for the right back. It's a difficult decision to make especially given we'll be under the cosh in our next few games.

Bent is currently the best striker we have however if we continue to not start him in a team that cant score the chances are he will go sooner rather than later. The last 2 managers seem to be doing their best to destroy him as a player instead of trying to get the best out of him. The midfield is the issue, we dont create enough and to expecting him to score goals from nothing isn't going to happen- he's a goal poacher! Certain people seem to think he should all of a sudden turn into shrek and start coming deep for the ball which is pretty baffling imo. Lambert is to blame as was Mcleish. He should be starting with the best 11 which includes Zog and Bent.

My current team would be ;

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker/Dunne(when fit) Clark

Holman Makoun(get him back)

Gabby Zog

Bent Benteke

KEA, Delph, Albrighton, Bannan are all to lightweight for me although would probably rotate with Ireland in a central position between gab and zog. Although very attacking we would at least get more opportunities up front and relieve some of the pressure at the back. The current set up just does not work we play with a deep midfield that just invites the opposition to play higher up and constantly pressure our back line. No wonder we dont see the attacking football Lambert promised and Bent etc dont score. Ridiculous that Bent gets knocked for the managers tactical stupidity. Lambert needs to start getting the best out of the senior players instead of isolating them to the point that morale is rock bottom. We dont appear to be far from that atm.

He isnt offering anything at the moment and as well as the Bennett red card his substitute cost us the game as Benteke was making things stick.

Sadly he is reminding me of Carew in his last 6 months at the club. would probably even rather Heskey

AAh don't forget (at least according to the media) he was horribly stripped of the captaincy by Paul Lambert - what the media are omitting to say is that he only had the captaincy for about four games in the first place - and PL obviously realised he's made an error in choosing him - he was NEVER captain material. :wacko:

I don't think he's necessarily done anything wrong, but I would be pleased to see Bent sold, assuming that the funds were immediately reinvested back into the squad (I accept that's a rather big assumption).

He's a £20m player, in a side made up of £2m players, its a bit like a tramp spending all his scratchcard winnings on a flashy pair of trainers.

I don't think he's necessarily done anything wrong, but I would be pleased to see Bent sold, assuming that the funds were immediately reinvested back into the squad (I accept that's a rather big assumption).

He's a £20m player, in a side made up of £2m players, its a bit like a tramp spending all his scratchcard winnings on a flashy pair of trainers.

A £20m player?? :)

£10 or 12m = snap their hands off imo

Â