Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I could see us getting about £12m for him. Hopefully we won't have ending up paying the full £24m (presumably) based on goals/appearances and it was more like £20m.

He was definitely worth £8m to us that first half season, but is too ineffective in this current squad without the sort of service he needs. I'd like to think we could get 2 very decent players in for what we would sell him for. Or Sturridge, if Chelsea sign Falcao.

I guess I was taking the upper bound of that interval. I'm sure we've paid Sunderland something on top of that £18m given we did stay up. Anyway I can't really see how he has added any value to himself during his time here and although can point to his 1 in 2 record, has hardly pulled up any trees here. I'd be amazed if any 'interested' club would bid much more than the £12 million mark for him.

We were always onto a loser with him in terms of re-sale value given he was a desperation buy. He did keep us up so you could argue he was worth it overall mind.

Bent is a bit of a luxury player in our current predicament. He is a player that needs others around him to do all the donkey work and put chances on a plate for him. We have lads who are willing to do the donkey work but don't have anyone to supply him with the chances. Without those players then 9 times out of 10 it is pointless having Bent in the side. Its been the case throughout his career that unless he is scoring he offers very little and does pretty much **** all.

Given his goal scoring record there will always be clubs willing to pay a fair few quid for him. If you simply look at Bents career in stats you'd have to say he has an excellent goal scoring record and before he joined I'd always wondered why the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City hadn't taken a punt on him over the years and why Spurs got rid of him and I guess now we know.

Hopefully if he gets another run of games in the side he can pull his weight, bang a few in and Lambert will then look to keep him. If not I am sure someone like QPR will be in for him in January and we will recoup around 10 - 12 mill and save around 60-70k a week in wages. Whether or not all of the fee/wages will be reinvested is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

We will lose money on him but I would imagine there will be clubs in for him January.

Be nice if we could actually keep our better players and build round them, instead of trying to replace them.

Lets see if we finally manage to replace a good player with equal quality.

On the bench tonight again. Either Lambert wants rid in January or Bent acted like a brat when dropped for the first time.

He is our best striker and to not even start a cup game is stupid.

I feel it was a case of the latter, hence why he also went running to the press.

Unless he accepts who's boss and realises he is not bigger than the club then he might get somewhere with us, until then I remain convinced he will be gone in January for about 10m-12m.

Ok some may look at it as a loss but when you consider his goals saved us from relegation in his first season that is worth 8-10m alone itself considering how much money we would have lost being relegated!

I reckon he will get the start on Saturday alongside Benteke, because if there is one game you would hope he'd be up for, surely it is Sunderland! I would not be surprised as well to see those two and Gabby all play, with Gabby assuming a wider role.

Thought that about spuds as well. Former Club.

On the bench tonight again. Either Lambert wants rid in January or Bent acted like a brat when dropped for the first time.

He is our best striker and to not even start a cup game is stupid.

Oooor he doesn't fit in our team at the moment as he doesn't do enough work.

He's our best striker at getting into positions for finishes; but our worst at running the channels, heading, controlling the ball with his feet and general hold up play. It'd be close between between him and Benteke for who is the slowest actually.

He's rightfully on the bench.

Â