Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I reckon he will get the start on Saturday alongside Benteke, because if there is one game you would hope he'd be up for, surely it is Sunderland! I would not be surprised as well to see those two and Gabby all play, with Gabby assuming a wider role.

Not sure he will start at all against Sunderland. Lambert will know the significance of the game for Bent and might very well just make another point by keeping him on the bench. Something not right between the pair of them.

I still think it would be absolute madness to sell Bent in January. We will probably be in a relegation fight for the rest of the season and I certainly wouldn't sell him to QPR for that reason alone. Why strengthen one of your nearest competitors?

The only reason i would contemplate selling him is if plop offered a swap deal involving Downing and a serious amount of cash considering what they still owe us for the Downing transfer.

QPR for 12M

or Liverpool straight swap for Downing, in my honest and totally without inside knowledge opinion before anyone jumps on this.

Good shout on the QPR front.

I am not jumping on anything regards Downing just wondering what makes you think that?

Do you think Downing would want to come back to us considering the guy couldn't wait to leave and the things he said about us on his departure?

Downing coming back would be more of a problem for some fans than him I suspect. This may make a return difficult I agree.

But he is the type we are crying out for and has hardly settled up there

Not sure he will start at all against Sunderland. Lambert will know the significance of the game for Bent and might very well just make another point by keeping him on the bench. Something not right between the pair of them.

I don't think there has been for a while now tbf morph.

I still think it would be absolute madness to sell Bent in January. We will probably be in a relegation fight for the rest of the season and I certainly wouldn't sell him to QPR for that reason alone. Why strengthen one of your nearest competitors?

The only reason i would contemplate selling him is if plop offered a swap deal involving Downing and a serious amount of cash considering what they still owe us for the Downing transfer.

I think reading between the lines unless Bent can accept he now has to work for his place in the team instead of assuming he is first on the team sheet and throwing the toys out the pram he will be gone in January.

I would sooner have a player who could damage moral out the door and cash in while we can - to where he goes I couldn't care.

They, QPR will be the most likely team that would pay us that kind of money in Jan that could also offer him higher wages outside the top 6 teams who would be in for him but you never know.

As for Downing I do not think that Plop would swap nor that Downing would want to return here. Plus they still owe us money so I couldn't see RL selling to them unless it was cash up front and I don't think they have that kind of money to play with now.

Edit: I agree he is the type of player we need at the minute but I feel more talent is available outside the Prem.

I mean if Newcastle can get a player like Ben Arfa for peanuts im sure theres more similar options available out there for us with the same quality that we need.

I don't think there has been for a while now tbf morph.

I think reading between the lines unless Bent can accept he now has to work for his place in the team instead of assuming he is first on the team sheet and throwing the toys out the pram he will be gone in January.

I would sooner have a player who could damage moral out the door and cash in while we can - to where he goes I couldn't care.

They, QPR will be the most likely team that would pay us that kind of money in Jan that could also offer him higher wages outside the top 6 teams who would be in for him but you never know.

As for Downing I do not think that Plop would swap nor that Downing would want to return here. Plus they still owe us money so I couldn't see RL selling to them unless it was cash up front and I don't think they have that kind of money to play with now.

Edit: I agree he is the type of player we need at the minute but I feel more talent is available outside the Prem.

I mean if Newcastle can get a player like Ben Arfa for peanuts im sure theres more similar options available out there for us with the same quality that we need.

All fair points but as far as Bent's possible transfer to QPR is concerned do you then think it would be good business to sell to QPR given that QPR will be in our mini league battling against relegation? It would be suicide for us to do that and i would hope Lambert wouldn't sanction such a move.

All fair points but as far as Bent's possible transfer to QPR is concerned do you then think it would be good business to sell to QPR given that QPR will be in our mini league battling against relegation? It would be suicide for us to do that and i would hope Lambert wouldn't sanction such a move.

Yes and no.

No for the points you raise of them being in this current little scrap we find ourselves in at the minute.

But If they were to maybe offer say 15-18m to save there arses then I would snap there hands off yes.

We could get 2 possibly decent players with that money to also improve us and also help us climb up the table too. And yes there are decent players out there that could improve us for that money. Maybe not in the UK but certainly abroad.

Add that to any money already set aside for PL in Jan could possibly see 3 or 4 arrivals come Jan, so long as RL does not issue a sell to buy policy or not actually give any extra funds on top of a possible Bent sale. This would start to see a few fans ruffled including me.

Personally it would be nice to see Bent snap out of the current sulk he is in, get his head down and start showing his worth to us once again but that is just blind faith as it stands.

Swings and roundabouts.

QPR for 12M

or Liverpool straight swap for Downing, in my honest and totally without inside knowledge opinion before anyone jumps on this.

dont really see it. Harry will probably be QPR manager soon and they dont get along and Bent doesnt fit into the Rodgers approach for strikers as at Swansea he had Graham dropping into midfield to link up play.

wasnt he linked with Turkey in the summer that could be a possibility

Downing coming back would be more of a problem for some fans than him I suspect. This may make a return difficult I agree.

But he is the type we are crying out for and has hardly settled up there

I dont really agree that Downing is what we need

Milner or barry? Yes. Downing? No.

Â