Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

So we sell Bent, buy these some players, and then Benteke gets injured! Then what!? I don't think Gabby or Weimann could be trusted to score the goals we'd require.

It's a squad game; Lambert is going to need Bent and it's up to him to keep him happy.

I would hope the money would be used to buy atleast one replacement striker otherwise Bent being sold would defeat the object surely?

Bent shouldn't be sold on the basis that Benteke has scored against Norwich and Swindon.

Bent should be kept until the end of the season as if Benteke reverts to type and starts missing again then we can rest him and bring on Bent. You don't sell your best front man when threatened by relegation.

How much do you think we could sell Bent for?

Depends what team comes in for him really?

If it is a struggling QPR with no Redknapp then I would say we could hold them to ransom and command 15m. Solely for the reason they are in the same boat as us.

Otherwise I would say around 10-12m.

That money alone could buy 2 decent players from the lower league or outside of England before R.Lerner even digs into his pocket which I hope he also does and not give it the sell to buy policy.

Depends what team comes in for him really?

If it is a struggling QPR with no Redknapp then I would say we could hold them to ransom and command 15m. Solely for the reason they are in the same boat as us.

Otherwise I would say around 10-12m.

That money alone could buy 2 decent players from the lower league or outside of England before R.Lerner even digs into his pocket which I hope he also does and not give it the sell to buy policy.

Ahh Of course Lerner would take his cut, so that's another couple of million taken away.

If Bent does not want to be here/can't get used to the fact he is now having to fight for his place etc. then I do not believe you should keep a sulky player around or even against his will.

Unless he can snap out of this 'problem' that is doing it's rounds at the moment then yes he should be sold - Relegation fight or not.

Ahh Of course Lerner would take his cut, so that's another couple of million taken away.

I disagree on this. Imho I don't think he would on this one having said he is willing to back PL on top of any players that leave.

He wants the team rebuilt and he knows this will take spending so can't really see any cut being taken as it is a slight contradiction otherwise.

I'd say it isn't a case of Bent sulking. Unfortunately he doesn't fit in to Lambert's formations, currently at least. There's little point having a £20m player only getting 20 minutes and touching the ball twice. I hope the team can be adapted so we get the Bent we had under Houllier back.

If Bent does not want to be here/can't get used to the fact he is now having to fight for his place etc. then I do not believe you should keep a sulky player around or even against his will.

Unless he can snap out of this 'problem' that is doing it's rounds at the moment then yes he should be sold - Relegation fight or not.

No you do what's best for the club. We need to stay in the Premiership. What if Benteke becomes injured? Will Gabby score enough? It would be absolute suicide to sell Bent in January. If he wants to go then tell him to knuckle down, play well for the club and he'll get his transfer in the summer.

I'd say it isn't a case of Bent sulking. Unfortunately he doesn't fit in to Lambert's formations, currently at least. There's little point having a £20m player only getting 20 minutes and touching the ball twice. I hope the team can be adapted so we get the Bent we had under Houllier back.

That will be completely down to Lambert. He has to admit that the diamond isn't working and then play a system which will not only benefit Bent but also Benteke. However i don't feel he will do this but we still must keep Bent until the summer.

No you do what's best for the club. We need to stay in the Premiership. What if Benteke becomes injured? Will Gabby score enough? It would be absolute suicide to sell Bent in January. If he wants to go then tell him to knuckle down, play well for the club and he'll get his transfer in the summer.

True morph I agree. But if Bent can't settle down and was adamant on leaving then what do you do? Keep a player against his will which could cause unrest and not help any relegation fight any?

I would hope that if bent did go another striker would be signed or that is just complete suicidal and asking for trouble.

For me I would love nothing more than any differences worked out between the pair and he can start helping us move up the table again but I am just reading between the lines of the current situation.

the "something" must have been the reason why he got the captaincy taken off him, or his reaction to it maybe. it's odd because they all seem to be much more together than under AM or houllier. there's a bit more of a sense of a team togetherness about the place at least. the one question mark is this bent thing.

personally i hope he doesn't get sold, i'd like to see him scoring for us rather than anyone else in the prem. if he can't adapt to what PL is trying to do though then he has to go and the money has to be re-invested in players that can do what PL wants on the pitch.

I don't know why people say use Benteke's misses as an argument to play Bent? Darren Bent is culpable for some horrible misses. Thats not a dig at Darren, thats the tail of any half decent striker who gets into scoring positions.

Darren bent took 43 shots last year with 26 of them on target. That makes him the person with the highest shots on target ratio (60.5%). Only 4 shots were blocked.

Christian Benteke has already had 21 shots!!!!

'Don't judge me on how many I score, judge me on how many I miss' - Michael Jordan

This was a comment made in the Benteke thread but thought it be better debated here.

He has good Man Management skills :)

But after seeing how he handled Bent, maybe they should take that down a bit.

I will keep it brief as it is the Benteke thread.

FM aside I really don't think Lambert should be fully hung out to dry on this, there are clearly issues there which is clear for all to see and not all just all down to PL's doing.

If you ask me is handling the situation superbly.

He could draw massive attention to the club by dropping Bent out the first team altogether and into the reserves. Just think what kind of reaction that would get from fans given the current situation we are in.

Instead he is playing it cool by keeping Bent on the bench until he gets his attitude right maybe? This by showing not as much of a 'problem' and playing it cool until January.

Â