Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

This was a comment made in the Benteke thread but thought it be better debated here.

I will keep it brief as it is the Benteke thread.

FM aside I really don't think Lambert should be fully hung out to dry on this, there are clearly issues there which is clear for all to see and not all just all down to PL's doing.

If you ask me is handling the situation superbly.

He could draw massive attention to the club by dropping Bent out the first team altogether and into the reserves. Just think what kind of reaction that would get from fans given the current situation we are in.

Instead he is playing it cool by keeping Bent on the bench until he gets his attitude right maybe? This by showing not as much of a 'problem' and playing it cool until January.

Good point.

But should Lambert have really given the Captaincy to Bent and then suddenly take it away?

Good point.

But should Lambert have really given the Captaincy to Bent and then suddenly take it away?

That was a bizarre turn of events I agree and possibly where all this whole saga stems from. To be fair, Bent has not exactly came back out and set the world on fire smashing in 10 goals and making the manager reconsider his descision either.

That was a bizarre turn of events I agree and possibly where all this whole saga stems from. To be fair, Bent has not exactly came back out and set the world on fire smashing in 10 goals and making the manager reconsider his descision either.

Agreed. It was a poor decision by Lambert and it has been a poor response from Bent. What should of happened is lambert should have taken him to one side and told him, then Bent should have shook his hand and moved on.

Instead they both went about it like clowns.

I think lambert came in and saw giving the armband to bent as a way of getting the biggest name in the squad on side. There's no way Bent can be happy with his decision to come here and I imagine Lambert was aware that the star player he was inheriting was probably not over the moon with the direction of the club.

In hindsight it was a bad move as Bent is just not captain material but I don't think it was that stupid for a new manager to try and get the star player on his side from the start.

Bent hasn't helped himself with some very poor performances but Lambert will always find the media attention will be on his decision to bench Bent if we lose. To be fair to Lambert it's a brave man to stick by his decision and at the moment the form of Benteke is justifying the decision.

I think it's nailed on that bent will leave in January. It's a real shame, for years we've cried out for a finisher that is capable of turning a game destined for a draw into 3 points. Unfortunately due to the way the clubs been run we've destroyed our record signing who was just that player. Joining Aston Villa under the ownership of Randy Lerner is probably the worst decision Darren Bent has made in his career. His reputation and chance of an England place have plummeted along with this club.

He'll join a team and start scoring goals again and hopefully Lambert is given the money to replace him with someone more suited to our team at the present time.

I think lambert came in and saw giving the armband to bent as a way of getting the biggest name in the squad on side. There's no way Bent can be happy with his decision to come here and I imagine Lambert was aware that the star player he was inheriting was probably not over the moon with the direction of the club.

In hindsight it was a bad move as Bent is just not captain material but I don't think it was that stupid for a new manager to try and get the star player on his side from the start.

Bent hasn't helped himself with some very poor performances but Lambert will always find the media attention will be on his decision to bench Bent if we lose. To be fair to Lambert it's a brave man to stick by his decision and at the moment the form of Benteke is justifying the decision.

I think it's nailed on that bent will leave in January. It's a real shame, for years we've cried out for a finisher that is capable of turning a game destined for a draw into 3 points. Unfortunately due to the way the clubs been run we've destroyed our record signing who was just that player. Joining Aston Villa under the ownership of Randy Lerner is probably the worst decision Darren Bent has made in his career. His reputation and chance of an England place have plummeted along with this club.

He'll join a team and start scoring goals again and hopefully Lambert is given the money to replace him with someone more suited to our team at the present time.

Spot on there sir.

Â