Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

The amount of times the ball was hoofed out of defence aimed at him to run onto today was amazing, he is not that type of player. Sure he missed a chance or two today but he got into those positions which considering the shite way we played was amazing

To call him lazy or idle based on the game today is plain wrong, for me he was neither

The amount of times the ball was hoofed out of defence aimed at him to run onto today was amazing, he is not that type of player. Sure he missed a chance or two today but he got into those positions which considering the shite way we played was amazing

To call him lazy or idle based on the game today is plain wrong, for me he was neither

Agreed. He needs balls into his FEET.

Agreed. He needs balls into his FEET.

It aint happening...not while Eck sees the hoof ball as a viable method of play :(

In regards to service to Bent I think we miss Walker more than Young/Downing, more of an unknown quantity putting the balls in and opposition sides didn't take as much notice of him as they did of Young and Downing.

no chance today no service due to our defensive outlook for long periods (again)

You missed the 3 chances created for him then??

Although I must say, having watched them back, I was wrong to call them sitters. He should have scored at least 1 though.

It was is birthday today. Strange the club did t use it's social networking pages to let fans know and to pass on happy birthday wishes to him. They do normally.

Anywho. Frustrating on Sunday. Expect him to still bag a few more this term. (as long as we don't keep taking zog off for heskey to provide the service)

like Bent would go to Liverpool, with Downing it's understandable as their wingers were non existent or shit.

they have suarez, carroll and kuyt who unlike a lot of liverpool fans has been one of their best players this year. always scores crucial goals.

not that we ever could but getting rid of heskey and getting kuyt would be the signing of the summer.

Also Bent has been scoring goals. he is scoring 1 in 2 ffs. who was the last striker to do that for us whos played more than a season for us? I don't think there one in the last 20 years.

Even Yorke was 1 in 3.5.

Everyone knows that bent has the quality to bang goals in, he has done it at all the other clubs he has been in... he is NOT a target man, he struggles to hold the ball in his feet we all saw this against Newcastle, and with Mcleish Second half tactics ( Pumping it forward) he will never score loads, he has done well just to get how many he has got not tbh. The only times i re-call when bent had chances at goal was when he was thread with a through ball from Keane or ireland.. But even then he had 2 chances and failed to convert any of them.

It was is birthday today. Strange the club did t use it's social networking pages to let fans know and to pass on happy birthday wishes to him. They do normally.

Anywho. Frustrating on Sunday. Expect him to still bag a few more this term. (as long as we don't keep taking zog off for heskey to provide the service)

They did - Yesterday at 08:33.

https://www.facebook.com/avfcofficial

Â