Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

It has to be said that I thought the work rate of Darren today was absolutely first drawer. Never stopped running, came deep to look for the ball, and devestatingly unlucky at the end. Thought he showed up the forever whinging Keane tbh.

For the first time ever, I felt sorry for him today.

It has to be said that I thought the work rate of Darren today was absolutely first drawer. Never stopped running, came deep to look for the ball, and devestatingly unlucky at the end. Thought he showed up the forever whinging Keane tbh.

I fully expect him to go to Liverpool in the summer, he can't be happy playing like this.

I fully expect him to go to Liverpool in the summer, he can't be happy playing like this.

No it wasnt great.

like Bent would go to Liverpool, with Downing it's understandable as their wingers were non existent or shit.

they have suarez, carroll and kuyt who unlike a lot of liverpool fans has been one of their best players this year. always scores crucial goals.

not that we ever could but getting rid of heskey and getting kuyt would be the signing of the summer.

Also Bent has been scoring goals. he is scoring 1 in 2 ffs. who was the last striker to do that for us whos played more than a season for us? I don't think there one in the last 20 years.

Even Yorke was 1 in 3.5.

The Mirror were going with story 'Suarez to be sold in the summer'. If thats the case, I would fully expect Bent to join Liverplop.

To get the best out of him we need to invest about £30m in players to replace Young and Downing (unless someone knows cheaper options?) But as we need that much to replace our defence and midfield it ain't gonna happen. Therefore if we can't get the best it is the right option to offload to Redscouse for a little profit.

To get the best out of him we need to invest about £30m in players to replace Young and Downing (unless someone knows cheaper options?) But as we need that much to replace our defence and midfield it ain't gonna happen. Therefore if we can't get the best it is the right option to offload to Redscouse for a little profit.
Not this again. I'm sick of people saying we should sell him, because our shit manager plays negative football. We don't need to spend £30m to get the best out of him. Look at how many goals he got for Sunderland. The problem is the manager.

The manager is part of the problem (sorry if you don't agree - as you clealry don't)
The loss of Downing and Young didn't help but Bent is a proven goalscorer and has scored goals for fun at far weaker teams than ours. McLeish's negative approach is holding him, and the entire club back.

Denis, I think we so few assets at the club at the moment but whatever we have that is class, we have to hold on to and build around it. Given, Bent, Gabby, Gardner (will be), Clark. The rest of the squad needs replacing. To sell Bent would be madness. I agree with yuor comments about bringing another supply line though and if it's true that McLeish has money then I expect him not to sell Bent but to build the team around him.

Steve, contrary to Mantis and his little outburst suggests I don't WANT to sell him I WANT the best team around him and him getting 20+ goals every season. I just cannot see the club doing that which is why as we need to strengthen elsewhere selling him will fund it.

and if it's true that McLeish has money

Where did you hear this Steve?

It was in the Sunday's mate, with quotes from McLeish himself. Sunday Mercury, Sunday Star etc. Have a look on Newsnow mate, it's on there for Sunday.

Denis, I agree about the funding issue but selling Bent would be a backwards step IMO. It's not easy, given who we have as Manager and his piss poor track record in the transfer market.

With the current mamanger and current owner I don't really know where we are going but the investment route is not one of them despite Pravda Central trying to say otherwise.

Bent is a class finisher...full stop.... a luxury for a mid table mediocre side that can look forward to being more regularly fighting relegation than challenging for Europe as we stand

Â