Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Darren Bent will play cracking football when he is the target man and gets the supply. He plays better as a lone man up front.

If we packed out our midfield with a defensive central midfielder, 1 or 2 central midfielders with the ability to pass a ball forward or 1 CM and a playmaker, 2 wingers and Darren Bent up front.

We already have most of these players. We just need a manager who can motivate them.

and if it's true that McLeish has money

Where did you hear this Steve?

It was in the Sunday's mate, with quotes from McLeish himself. Sunday Mercury, Sunday Star etc. Have a look on Newsnow mate, it's on there for Sunday.

Denis, I agree about the funding issue but selling Bent would be a backwards step IMO. It's not easy, given who we have as Manager and his piss poor track record in the transfer market.

Thanks mate, i'll take a look!

Steve, contrary to Mantis and his little outburst suggests I don't WANT to sell him I WANT the best team around him and him getting 20+ goals every season. I just cannot see the club doing that which is why as we need to strengthen elsewhere selling him will fund it.
Since when is putting my opinion forward an "outburst"?

Get a grip.

IF we do get rid of McLeish, then I'd be quite happy with Curbishley (God, how my expectations have dropped)...he certainly knew how to get the best out of Bent - 20+ goals a season in an avarage Charlton team. I bet Bent wouldn't be too disappointed to see Curbs here

On reading Steven Fletcher has 10 goals this season, I thought I would compare him and others to Bent, taking into account those teams attacking intent.

Quite interesting

Villa Shots - 225. Top Goalscorer - Bent 21/9

Swansea Shots - 209 Top Goalscorer - Graham 23/10

Blackburn Shots - 222 Top goalscorer - Yakubu 17/13

Newcastle Shots - 234 Top Goalscorer - Ba 21/16

Wolves Shots - 244 Top goalscorer - Fletcher 20/10

Not necessarily a post to criticise Bent, but more an indication that it isnt necessarily Mclieshs tactics that have 100% hindered Bent this season.

Also an indication that should Bent be sold (and I am not saying he should), there are cheaper options who are performing as well as, if not better - that we would probably pull our nose up at if they had been linked to us last summer.

Surely that does show that McLeish's tactics are the problem, given that inferior strikers are outscoring him?

The only striker from that list I'd say is as good as Bent is Ba.

But surely those teams having a similar amount of shots show that those inferior strikers are outscoring him with similar tactics.

I rate Bent but he should have at least 3-5 more goals this season - 1 at Sunderland, 1 at home to Newcastle, 2 away at Newcastle just off the top of my head cant blame the manager for that.

Still the best finisher at the club though and would be first on the team sheet for me.

Also he was in Tenerife last week as he was on the same flight as me last night

I rate Bent but he should have at least 3-5 more goals this season - 1 at Sunderland, 1 at home to Newcastle, 2 away at Newcastle just off the top of my head cant blame the manager for that.

Still the best finisher at the club though and would be first on the team sheet for me.

Also he was in Tenerife last week as he was on the same flight as me last night

Those two chances at Newcastle were excellent saves.

Â