Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I hate it when players say this rubbish.

Why didn't he say he wants to stay 3 or 4 weeks ago when the speculation was rife?

Odd that it he came out with it on 2nd Feb.

Footballers are clearings in the woods!

He has only said it now because he'd be off if Liverpool did come in for him.

Thats my point.

But why come out with this garbage now? He shouldnt be saying anything about it now. The time to speak was 3 weeks ago. He made it obvious he would have gone, so don't say it now.

Obviously not his biggest fan but everytime hes spoke hes said hes not leaving. He was being interviewed for the 100 goals and has obv been asked about the specualtion. I dont remember a time where he was asked about the speculation during January - certainly not where he instigated he would leave as an answer anyway.

Not as if hes waited til now to say it, it just that hes only just been asked. IIRC.

Obviously not his biggest fan but everytime hes spoke hes said hes not leaving. He was being interviewed for the 100 goals and has obv been asked about the specualtion. I dont remember a time where he was asked about the speculation during January - certainly not where he instigated he would leave as an answer anyway.

Not as if hes waited til now to say it, it just that hes only just been asked. IIRC.

Tom, no offence but that is garbage.

Bent has known the speculation. He has a regular blog on the OS where he could have addressed it, he has not been available post match (however suddenly is this week) and has a twitter account where he has not addressed it.

Barton was linked away from QPR. Said the rumours were rubbish on Twitter and the story went away.

Bent didn't.

Bent has known the speculation. He has a regular blog on the OS where he could have addressed it, he has not been available post match (however suddenly is this week) and has a twitter account where he has not addressed it.

Barton was linked away from QPR. Said the rumours were rubbish on Twitter and the story went away.

Bent didn't.

Just because Joey Barton does it, doesnt mean all footballers do it. Joey Barton also stubbs cigars out an teammates eyes. Should Bent follow that behavioural trait?

Bent and AVFC said months ago that he wasnt for sale/going knowhere in January. Why wasnt that good enough for you?

Also Downing said he wasnt leaving and left a week later. What if Bent had put on twitter that he wasnt leaving and then AVFC decided to sell him?

Bent didn't.

Just because Joey Barton does it, doesnt mean all footballers do it. Joey Barton also stubbs cigars out an teammates eyes. Should Bent follow that behavioural trait?

Bent and AVFC said months ago that he wasnt for sale/going knowhere in January. Why wasnt that good enough for you?

Also Downing said he wasnt leaving and left a week later. What if Bent had put on twitter that he wasnt leaving and then AVFC decided to sell him?

You got a link for that?

My problem is not that he didn't say he was staying, it is the fact that after a month of very strong speculation he only answers it on February 2nd.

My issue is that because he didn't say it in January, he should not be saying it now.

Oh and do you really think Darren Bent Decides the topics of his blog on the OS? He probably doesnt even write it.

Do you really think that the OS, if Bent wanted to, wouldn't have run an article saying he is really happy at Villa and would not move anywhere else?

Barton has only been at QPR a few months, unlikely they would sell him but it's well known that he can't keep his trap shut for 5 minutes. Sometimes transfers are out of the player's hands anyway. What if Bent had said he wasn't leaving but then a few days later a club came in with with a high bid that was too good to turn down? Players shouldn't say anything about transfers in my opinion. Downing proved to us all that just because a player says he's staying doesn't make it so.

Barton has only been at QPR a few months, unlikely they would sell him but it's well known that he can't keep his trap shut for 5 minutes. Sometimes transfers are out of the player's hands anyway. What if Bent had said he wasn't leaving but then a few days later a club came in with with a high bid that was too good to turn down? Players shouldn't say anything about transfers in my opinion. Downing proved to us all that just because a player says he's staying doesn't make it so.

The club had said that he was not for sale so he was free to express himself if that was the case.

I am going off topic. I actually agree with you. As I say my problem is not necessarily that he did not say anything. My problem is that he decided to do it of February 2nd. If he wanted to make it clear why didn't he do it 2 weeks ago.

The ideal for me is that he did not say it in january and did not say it now.

Bent didn't.

You got a link for that?

My problem is not that he didn't say he was staying, it is the fact that after a month of very strong speculation he only answers it on February 2nd.

My issue is that because he didn't say it in January, he should not be saying it now.

I dont have links to them no, but Faulkner definately came out and said he wouldnt be sold. Of course that was forgotten in the wake of the 'lying clearing in the woods' abuse he probably received for saying that. Darren Bent said in the summer that he no longer wants to move, and has said on 2 or 3 occasions that he wants to continue scoring for Villa - Wanted to reach 100 with Villa etc.

Not to mention the fact that Mcliesh said in January that he wuldnt be sold and had heard nothing from Dalglish. What more do you need to know???

It really is this lack of communication debate that is a complete myth. The club tells us exactly what we need to know,!!

Bent didn't.

You got a link for that?

I dont have links to them no, but Faulkner definately came out and said he wouldnt be sold. Of course that was forgotten in the wake of the 'lying clearing in the woods' abuse he probably received for saying that. Darren Bent said in the summer that he no longer wants to move, and has said on 2 or 3 occasions that he wants to continue scoring for Villa - Wanted to reach 100 with Villa etc.

Not to mention the fact that Mcliesh said in January that he wuldnt be sold and had heard nothing from Dalglish. What more do you need to know???

It really is this lack of communication debate that is a complete myth. The club tells us exactly what we need to know,!!

I know the club said it. But you also said that Bent had said it also? I just wanted to read where he had addressed it recently ie this season..

Wanted to reach 100 with Villa? he was only 4 or 5 away when January started! Hardly a resounding commitment.

You right I would definately trust Dalglish. :winkold: The funny thing is Dalglish never said publicly they were not signing Bent. Only McLeish. Possibly Dalglish would not want to reiterate that publicly. Who knows?

I don't have a problem with the Club and its communication. I have a problem with a player who maintains his silence throughout frenzied speculation in January and then chooses the 2nd Feb to say he wants to stay. He should either have addressed it in January or shut up completely.

I don't have a problem with the Club and its communication. I have a problem with a player who maintains his silence throughout frenzied speculation in January and then chooses the 2nd Feb to say he wants to stay. He should either have addressed it in January or shut up completely.

Well, please refer to my 1st post stating thats the first time hes been asked - during an interview about something else. If he had said - I dont want to talk about that because I havent slammed it all on twitter in January or answered it with, 'yeah I wish I had gone to Liverpool', would you be happy with how he conducted himself.

My advice 'with the greatest of respects :D' would be to 'get out more'.

Well, please refer to my 1st post stating thats the first time hes been asked - during an interview about something else. If he had said - I dont want to talk about that because I havent slammed it all on twitter in January or answered it with, 'yeah I wish I had gone to Liverpool', would you be happy with how he conducted himself.

It is only the 1st time he has been asked because he has shied away from all post match interviews etc since the beginning of January.

As you only seem to be reading what you want to, I will reiterate that it didn't need to be said now on the 2nd of Feb. My preference is for him not to address it at all in January or February. To go missing for the whole of January and come up 2 days after the window closes saying I always wanted to stay at Villa is folly.

My advice 'with the greatest of respects :D' would be for you to 'open your eyes'

It is only the 1st time he has been asked because he has shied away from all post match interviews etc since the beginning of January.

As you only seem to be reading what you want to, I will reiterate that it didn't need to be said now on the 2nd of Feb. My preference is for him not to address it at all in January or February. To go missing for the whole of January and come up 2 days after the window closes saying I always wanted to stay at Villa is folly.

My advice 'with the greatest of respects :D' would be for you to 'open your eyes'

Open my eyes to what? That hes stayed? That he hasnt been sold in the January window. Just like the club said!

FWIW though, I take every bit of football news/rumour with the greatest of pinches of salt.

Â