Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Too good for us
Too good for us at the moment but this wouldn't be so bad if we were at least aiming to be good enough for him. The fact that we patently are not also means he is too good for where we are going as a football club too. ie that our ambitions will not match his own

Agree with yours and the post from Trent

I was amazed he didn't go in January, I will be similarly amazed should he still be with us come September 1st

he scores 1 in 2, what more can people expect from him is beyond me. do they want 1 in 1? he'd be playing for United or Barcelona ffs.

We need to ensure he keeps scoring and show him and the fans in the summer we plan to get some decent players in.

People expect what hes currently delivering. Goals and playing well for the team. Well thats what I expect.

He wasnt doing that earlier in the season when his goal scoring record was NOT 1 in 2

there are only two people who can guarantee 1 in 2 or better all the time.

Messi and Ronaldo.

doubt we will be getting them anytime soon

Bent does what he does.

Despite numerous criticism over his commitment and workrate all through the season, and in a team that for most of the season has created minimal chances, he still has 9 goals in 18 and a half league games.

If he'd played in an MON team where crosses were flying into the box every 5 seconds, he'd have had nearly 20 goals by this time of the season.

I reckon he would go to Arsenal if they wanted him, can't see anybody else going for him though!

Too old for Arsenal now, at the price he'd command.

It's Liverpool only in the UK as far as I'm concerned unless he finds a payday abroad.

Anyway lets just enjoy him while he's here I hate the fact that people bring up about him leaving all the time, as it makes me feel as if they wish him too they go on about it that much, which isn't the case but ya'know.

he scores 1 in 2, what more can people expect from him is beyond me. do they want 1 in 1? he'd be playing for United or Barcelona ffs.

We need to ensure he keeps scoring and show him and the fans in the summer we plan to get some decent players in.

People expect what hes currently delivering. Goals and playing well for the team. Well thats what I expect.

He wasnt doing that earlier in the season when his goal scoring record was NOT 1 in 2

Yeah but that's because he was getting shit service. Everything balances it out. When people were giving him grief in November/December I was here saying he'll go through a patch and score for fun later in the season.

Yeah but that's because he was getting shit service. Everything balances it out. When people were giving him grief in November/December I was here saying he'll go through a patch and score for fun later in the season.

Surely the better service is down to Mcliesh's tactics Mantis? After all, it was Mcliesh's tactics that were the reason there was no service before.

For me, his form is down to hard work. That and the fact hes putting the easy chances away, which he wasnt before.

I reckon he would go to Arsenal if they wanted him, can't see anybody else going for him though!

It's Liverpool only in the UK as far as I'm concerned unless he finds a payday abroad.

Anyway lets just enjoy him while he's here I hate the fact that people bring up about him leaving all the time, as it makes me feel as if they wish him too they go on about it that much, which isn't the case but ya'know.

Agree with this. And anyway, who knows how the club will look in September? We will have got rid of a lot of high earners, and you'd think we'd be able to get in at least one or two decent players in their place. If RL really had lost all ambition he wouldn't have signed Bent in the first place. He's got plenty of time left on his contract, and the fact that he can score goals in our current team should mean that we will try to keep him at all costs.

Liverpool may be the only club higher in the league that would be interested. There are plenty lower that would pay the wages though and I think he'd leave. Wouldnt have been surprised to see him QPR bound. Always worth remembering that we were below Sunderland and in disarray when he signed for us for a big pay day.

Bent is still at the club, despite many posts stating almost as fact that he would leave in January.

Bent is playing fairly well and, most importantly, continuing his good scoring record.

There is virtually half a season before the transfer window opens again.

...and yet, despite all of the above, the majority of this thread is still about when Bent will leave.*Despairs* :bonk:

I wonder if they're the same posters who stated Keane's loan was a crap idea?

Its Villa so him leaving would not surprise me. Worth at least 30 million if Carroll is.

Even Torres left liverpul and Ronaldo left manure. Most players move on at some point as Bent probably will. He may leave in 6 months, 1, 2 or 3 years. Either way there's still plenty of football and hopefully goals to see from Bent in a Villa shirt. 8)

Whilst we all think Bent is a better goal scorer than Carroll, at £35m, Carroll's price was vastly inflated above any amount Bent would be valued at. Carroll's 'stock was high' at the time, he's young and the skunks knew liverpul were about to pick up £50m! :o

Its Villa so him leaving would not surprise me. Worth at least 30 million if Carroll is.

Even Torres left liverpul and Ronaldo left manure. Most players move on at some point as Bent probably will. He may leave in 6 months, 1, 2 or 3 years. Either way there's still plenty of football and hopefully goals to see from Bent in a Villa shirt. 8)

Whilst we all think Bent is a better goal scorer than Carroll, at £35m, Carroll's price was vastly inflated above any amount Bent would be valued at. Carroll's 'stock was high' at the time, he's young and the skunks knew liverpul were about to pick up £50m! :o

True to be fair but Bent is still the second best English striker after Rooney (who also has the advantage of being at United) so he would still cost a lot of money if someone wanted to buy him. I agree I hope he becomes a Villa hero and stays for another 2 seasons at least and scores lots more :D

I can't see him leaving Villa for a club that is no more than the fifth/sixth best in England. If he wants to be challenging for fifth/sixth place (as Villa will be next year) he may as well stay with us. Liverpool will also be selling to buy shortly as they have an owner who has less money than ours. Going to Liverpool would not be a good move at all for any current Villa player as they are in no better position than ourselves - if anything they are like us three years into the Lerner reign. (When they eventually sell Suarez they might make a cheeky bid for Bent but why would he want to go to a selling club with little ambition?)

As soon as we get this season out of the way Villa will be back on the up.

True to be fair but Bent is still the second best English striker after Rooney (who also has the advantage of being at United) so he would still cost a lot of money if someone wanted to buy him. I agree I hope he becomes a Villa hero and stays for another 2 seasons at least and scores lots more :D

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Our biggest advantage is that I think Bent's value to us is always likely to exceed what other clubs value him at.

Our biggest risk is that the above only applies whilst Bent is happy to stay with us (currently there's no sign that he isn't).

Anyhoo, let's look forward to more Bent goals in the league this season. Another 9 would be 8) !

As soon as we get this season out of the way Villa will be back on the up.

Let's hope you're correct! Either way, I admire your optimism, however, you should know that VillaTalk will attempt to smash the sh!te out of it! :winkold:

Â