Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Tom, I have no problem with the club.

I just hate players that take fans for idiots by declaring their loyalty 2 days after the window closes, when they have plenty of opportunity to do so during the frenzied speculation. I would have preferred him to have shut up even now.

Unfortunately most Premier League player treat fans like idiots.

I guess now that Darren is firing on all cylinders again some people are scraping the barrel for something to criticise him on. It's a shame not everybody can appreciate his greatness. :)

Hope thats not aimed at me? :?

It's not. You've eaten your humble pie already. ;):P

I guess now that Darren is firing on all cylinders again some people are scraping the barrel for something to criticise him on. It's a shame not everybody can appreciate his greatness. :)

Hope thats not aimed at me? :?

It's not. You've eaten your humble pie already. ;):P

Never, I covered my initial arguement too well :D :winkold:

I just hate players that take fans for idiots by declaring their loyalty 2 days after the window closes, when they have plenty of opportunity to do so during the frenzied speculation. I would have preferred him to have shut up even now.

If you're really bothered by this I worry for you.

If you're really bothered by this I worry for you.

Am I bothered that players disrespect fans? a little.

Does it make me open up discussion on an Aston Villa fans messageboard on a Friday afternoon where the choice is debating and defending the point I make or doing some actual work? Absolutely

Will I lose any sleep over it? or will it ruin my life so that I fall into a pit of dispair never to be seen again? No.

So don't worry :winkold:

More sugar talk from Bent, he certainly knows how play the media card to get the fans onside!

If he had not already said similar things when at Sunderland Id love this bloke; I suppose time will tell if he means it.

Bent: I'd love to be No.9 icon at Villa like Shearer at Newcastle

Darren Bent chats about admiration for goal king Alan Shearer.4th Feb 2012

By Paul Brown

Darren Bent admits he'd love to be as much of a No.9 icon at Villa as Newcastle striking legend Alan Shearer is on Tyneside.

Bent spoke of his admiration for the Premier League 100 goals club king on the eve of his trip to St James Park.

Shearer is top of the pile in the top-flight striking list, with a remarkable 260 goals.

But more than that, Shearer is adored on the Toon for his dedication to the cause.

It's a situation Bent would love to replicate in B6.

He said: "I don't think I could ever be hero-worshipped like Alan was at Newcastle. I'm not sure anyone could!

"He was a real icon of our domestic game and world football too. He was someone I looked up to greatly.

"He is a real legend up there because he moved up there and stayed up there for the rest of his career. He is a true Toon icon.

"If I could be half the icon for Villa as he is at Newcastle, it would be amazing. And it would mean I was doing something right!

"He was top-class. Alan is way out in front in that 100 goals club that I've been privileged to join.

"What can you say about the great Alan Shearer? He's simply the best striker to have ever come out of this country. I have nothing but admiration for him.

"He was awesome as a centre-forward with Southampton, Blackburn, Newcastle and England. He was so good.

"He's one of the three very best strikers to have played in the Premier League along with Thierry Henry and Andy Cole. For me they are the best three.

"Alan's goals-to-games ratio was frightening. He was a real fantastic striker.

"In my opinion, he's even in my top five players to have ever played in the Premier League in all positions. I rate him that highly."

Before setting his sights on following in the forward footsteps of Shearer, Bent is eager to see off his former club tomorrow.

It's Bent's birthday on Monday - and he admits another win on the road would make the day extra-special.

He added: "Yes it would be fantastic to win on Sunday ahead of my birthday on Monday. That would make it extra-special.

"But it's always nice to get one over on Newcastle as a former Sunderland man.

"It'll be a good game. They are flying but if we play like we did in the second half against QPR, there's no reason we can't beat them."

clicky

I think his future depends on how well he does at the euros.

If he goes there, scores goals in rooney's absence, then his stock will be very high, not just here but in europe aswell. I really don't think the prospect of mid table football again would appeal to him much.

If he has an average tournament, I expect him to start the season with us at least.

Annoying as **** today, missed several chances perhaps not sitters, constantly offside, touch was bad and there is no way anyone can defend his work rate/great movement as it was shit.

Robbie Keane bust his neck to get on the end of Nzogbias cross and yet when we needed Bent to do the same earlier in the game he stood still watching Keane again bust a gut to get on the end of his own shit ball.

looked way off the pace today and should have had 2. Have to say his lack of movement when he played Keane through was appalling if was Heskey their would be 5 pages slaughtering him for it

Annoying as **** today, missed several chances perhaps not sitters, constantly offside, touch was bad and there is no way anyone can defend his work rate/great movement as it was shit.

Robbie Keane bust his neck to get on the end of Nzogbias cross and yet when we needed Bent to do the same earlier in the game he stood still watching Keane again bust a gut to get on the end of his own shit ball.

Agree, he was shit today. He scores some really good goals, but he's a luxury player if you ask me, one that i'm not sure we can afford to carry anymore. If we can can get back what we paid in the summer, say from Liverpool, i'd sell, Agbonlahor is more than capable of getting us goals, and the money would help us build the side back up again, as there will be quite a few departures in the summer.

Robbie Keane looks like he cares more than most of our permanent players.

His chances that he missed against Bolton, Sunderland etc were sitters todays chances were nowhere near as easy as those. He should have scored but he was unlucky tbh.

yep, its how i saw it

had 3 or 4 on target shots blocked or saved by the keeper or a last ditch defender flinging themselves at it

looked good in the first half, when we played football, as per every game hoofball has been used, looked poor in the second half

as mentioned at least 5 or 6 other times, play to his strengths ie: play football, or dont play him if you are going to deploy the hoof

some comment about him not busting a gut to get onto a keane pass?

i can only presume it is the one where he did a 1 -2 with keane but then got blocked by a newcastle player thus was not able to move on to the box to get into a scoring position?

he is not a target man, anyone expecting him to be one i really have to question what knowledge they have of football.

oddly G C seems to think of him as a target man... oh

Â