Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

It's a blessing that our top scorer is out injured? How on Earth did you work that out?

Also, this so called "good spell" when he was out is a myth. If I remember rightly he was out for the Liverpool, Arsenal and Stoke league game. Liverpool was abysmal, Arsenal was good but only because we actually attacked for once and the Stoke game was a typical boring, defensive 0-0. He helped us beat Chelsea in his first game back.

Absolute madness that people are thinking him being out is a blessing. It doesn't even matter who's out or not when the problem is clearly the manager.

It's a blessing that our top scorer is out injured? How on Earth did you work that out?

Also, this so called "good spell" when he was out is a myth. If I remember rightly he was out for the Liverpool, Arsenal and Stoke league game. Liverpool was abysmal, Arsenal was good but only because we actually attacked for once and the Stoke game was a typical boring, defensive 0-0. He helped us beat Chelsea in his first game back.

Absolute madness that people are thinking him being out is a blessing. It doesn't even matter who's out or not when the problem is clearly the manager.

I couldn't agree more. Even at his very laziest, and, no, I don't like to see it, he is still our best bet for scoring us a goal. What is it this season? 9 in 18 or so games? We will miss him, for sure.

Call me sceptical but it might be a blessing he's injured. Now we can play a forward who can actually hold up the ball. It's no coincidence IMO that our best spell was when Bent was out before.

Gabby

N'Zogbia-Ireland-Albrighton

Petrov-Gardner.

If Mcleish has any brains that's what he should do.

A blessing? really awful thing to say and we will struggle without his goals.

Spot on.

Gabby needs to step up to the mark now.

Bent out is a blessing? I guess we shouldn't be surprised at such ridiculous opinions as on this very thread previously people were saying we should get rid of him because he doesn't fit into Mcleish's style of play :bonk:

As for the Injury don't think it's a break more a twist/sprain. 4 weeks out would be my guestimate.

Yes...

Darren Bent out is a blessing laughable really

Its not his fault we have the worst football manager in the premiership not playing him to his strengths OR playing the correct system where he's getting sufficient supply

Stop hoofing the ball to his forehead ffs he isn't emile bloody heskey

He's not lazy but missed another sitter yesterday

Keane put it on a plate really

No he didn't. It was a very good save.

Whenever a keeper makes a good save against Bent it automatically goes down as a "missed sitter".

i don't know how much easier it can get for a striker than one on one with thet keeper (apart from open goal tap-ins). He's missed a ton of those, and the only ones he scored from memory were against Chelsea which barely trickled over the line, and Arsenal in the cup where it was initially saved.

Love Bent, but he isn't above criticism.

He is not above criticism but in reality the shot to goal ratio is way higher than 1 to 1 for most strikers in the Premier League. Bent finishes seasons after season with a lot of goals and also misses some sitters...I would rather have him than not with his record but unless you a creating 3 or 4 chances for him a game rather than 1 or 2 he wont be fully effective.

Bent's injury is a big blow but I honestly think if we could get Gabby firing again we wouldn't miss Bent that badly. The biggest problem is that for whatever reason, mentality or injury, I have my doubts that Gabby will start performing again any time soon, which is why we need Bent a lot.

Still, really it's Gabby's performances for the first dozen or so games of the season which helped eke out points from bad showings, and it's Gabby's dip in form/absences which have coincided with our performances dropping down a grade to 'terrible'. An injured Bent might not be so bad, but without Gabby looking sharp it is so bad.

well it was good while we had him, i doubt we wil get to see him play in a villa shirt again unless something major happens this summer, starting with a change in manager

at least the strawberry blonde cock knocker wont need to make excuses for having his shitty heskey in the team now and hoofing it up as much and often as he likes ( which is often)

Â