Best Video Game of all time

Shillzz

To everybody saying Metal Gear Solid; have you played MGS4 and what did you make of that level?

I enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for throwbacks in games. I think the final boss fight is possibly the most epic I've ever played too. Certainly the best looking.

Anyway, my nominations:

TWW_logo.png

1092610-17_kotor_logo_large_super.jpg

halo2logo.jpg

Oh, and I never played this, but it sounds amazing. You need to be able to listen to YouTube for about ten minutes, but this sounds **** amazing. It's three minutes of setup before it gets going, but the payoff is worth it.

That sounds brilliant.

Seconded.

It sounds incredibly sad, but incredibly amazing!

Half Life for me.

The first game that blew me away with the fantastic graphics and intelligent gameplay.

It would probably still stand up against other games if it came out today, 13 years on and it spawned a bunch of great spin offs and add ons like counter strike.

True that. My nerdiest claim is that I tried out for the Irish National CS and TFC teams.

Considering that it came out about 16 years after I started playing games on the Vic20 not sure about it's nostalgia values but hey Half Life is 13 years old now(time flies). It was to a lot of contemporary games what Star Wars was to movies similar movies when it came out. IMO it pissed all over the Quake engine.

As far as first-person shooters go I think one that deserves an honourable mention and one of the funnest games I've ever played and still d/l for free is:

Itcame-c.jpg

Sega Megadrive collection for the PC £2.99 :D

Includes: ? Sonic the Hedgehog 2TM ? Alex Kidd in the Enchanted CastleTM ? Bonanza Bros.TM ? Super Thunder BladeTM ? E-SWATTM ? Kid ChameleonTM ? RistarTM ? Golden Axe IITM ? Galaxy Force IITM ? ColumnsTM

Ace- C64

Sheep in Space- C64

Grand Prix - Amiga

Wing Commander -Amiga

Wing Commander III- 3DO

Fifa Football -3DO

Medal Of Honour- PC

Call Of Duty- PC

Championship Manager 97/98 PC

Gran Turismo PS1

Oblivion PS3

Red Dead Redemption- PS3

I'm sure more will come to mind!

:lol:

FF7 and Resident Evil

If they were to remake these games in full HD/3D im sure they would break game selling records

Which begs the question why the hell havent they. Im sure it would require a rediculous budget but it would be offset by mega sales.

leisuresuitlarry1.jpg

Ah I'm glad someone has put this, happy days trying to answer the questions at the start to check if you were old enough to play. I had to ask my dad.

Other happy memories of my Atari ST:

Super Sprint

images.jpg

Defender of the Crown (the one with the love sceen)

defender.jpg

and my first ST game:

Star Wars

53720-star-wars-atari-st-screenshot-use-the-force-to-destroy-the-1.gif

but even older on my Atari 'Woody' were:

Combat

combat.jpg

Star Master (great sound effects)

Starmaster_047.jpg

And the sad thing is I still have them all in the loft.

I'm in a similar position to most people, there's no way I can pick one game that is the best. Some of my favourites over the years though:

snesbox_front2.jpg

I borrowed it off a mate in year 8... I've still got the cart in my loft somewhere. An enthralling RPG, I found the storyline utterly profound as a kid. I'm slowly playing through it again on the iPod, still great but not the same when you can't shout your little brother to grab a controller and take control of one of the characters to help you get past a boss!

The rest have probably already had images posted: Monkey Island 1 and 2, Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Final Fantasy VII, KOTOR, Halo: Combat Evolved, Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Mass Effect (I preferred the first one... despite it's flaws).

Multiplayer: Champ Manager (had some epic games with a friend over the years), Gears of War (the first online multiplayer I really got into, and was able to hold my own at), Timespiltters 2, CoD 4 and MW2 (despite all the moans about the game it was bloody fun, especially in a party).

I'm sure I've missed out loads of games that I've loved. Looking at that lot it's little wonder I'm single...

My personal faves

Super Mario 3 (NES)

Maniac Mansion (NES)

Mario Kart (SNES)

Super Mario World (SNES)

Striker (SNES)

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

Toejam and Earl (Mega Drive)

Dessert Strike (Mega Drive)

Golden Axe 2 (Mega Drive)

Streets of Rage 2 (Mega Drive)

Super Mario 64 (N64)