Best Video Game of all time

Shillzz

Shenmue, it set the bar for production value that we now see as standard and truly kicked gaming into the 21st century. I doubt I'll ever again play a game that feels like it's 5/6 years ahead of it's time.

great shout, ive got everything crossed it gets rereleased on the 360 as part of best of dreamcast

Graphically, no. It doesn't match up. Mission wise, GE hada fair bit of depth for its time. Of course the game itself isn't going to be one of the best on the market, as the standard of consoles has vastly improved in 15 years. However its timeless, and still a great game to play on.

And I loved being Oddjob!

Oh, and I never played this, but it sounds amazing. You need to be able to listen to YouTube for about ten minutes, but this sounds **** amazing. It's three minutes of setup before it gets going, but the payoff is worth it.

Agreed Rev, Although I don't think the controls are bad, I think they still work well, but I agree with everything else.

Oh, and EVERYONE played "you can't be oddjob". That was just cheating.

IIRC we used to play, "Whoever can select OddJob first, wins".

Civilisation is the best PC game ever made ermm END Of and FACT .. internet rule 12b makes this now to be true

Command and Conquer the best multi player game for me

Best multi player shoot Em up was Rise of the Triad

But I've always been a PC over Console man

I had a 4 player game called Moonstone on my Amiga .. that was great fun at the time

Goldeneye I still love but as Rev says, it's an absolute mess now. It looks atrocious and plays horrendously. Some that jump immediately to mind... (I don't think I could definitely say a 'best' for me)

doom.jpg

portal-logo.jpg

_Half-Life-2-Example.jpg

super-mario-world-2.jpg

metal_gear_solid_pal-ps1copy.jpg (probably the only game I could play start to end from memory with no trouble).

final_fantasy_9_65_med.jpg

Tetris-GameBoy.gif

Ikaruga_01.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-virtual-console-20070226043618830-000.jpg

deusex1.jpg

banjokazooieusnap0000_2.jpg

And then a few more like Vice City, RDR, Elder Scrolls Oblivion...

There've been some truly great games over the years.

Scramble Spirits on Mastersystem.

Dogfight - Mastersystem

Super Mario Bros - SNES

Micro Machines - Mega Drive

Fifa 95 - Mega Drive

Streets of rage - Mega Drive

Metal Gear Solid - PS1

Coolborders 2 - PS1

Mortal Kombat 2 - Mega Drive

Socom 2 - PS2

Command and Conquer (any up till Westwood Studios finished) - PC

Black and White - PC

Fifa 11 - PS3, not a classic, but i've spent loads of hours playing it.

To everybody saying Metal Gear Solid; have you played MGS4 and what did you make of that level?

I was nearly swayed into buying a PS3 solely for MGS4, and while I'm still yet to play it, I know the level you're on about here and it only makes me want to play it more :(.

Â