Best Video Game of all time

Shillzz

Goldeneye by a country mile.

Donkey Kong, age of empires 2, half life, Lego Cities, Toca 2, battle for Middle Earth

Zoo Tycoon was a beast as well!

Star Wars: Battlefront II as well. Fantastic co-op on that.

(Heroes of the Pacific is a good shout as well)

Best is utterly subjective, as somebody who says Goldeneye kinda proves. Goldeneye has aged horribly and has been improved upon many times over. I would wager most people who think Goldeneye is great havent played it since about, ooh, 1997.

What game is my favourite? What do I have the best memories of? That is much easier to answer I think:

Portal.

Wrong Nays. I played Goldeneye not 6 months ago, and its still **** awesome.

(Saying that Nightfire's multiplayer was very very good... Anyone remember climbing on the cable car!?)

Wrong Nays. I played Goldeneye not 6 months ago, and its still **** awesome.

(Saying that Nightfire's multiplayer was very very good... Anyone remember climbing on the cable car!?)

I have nothing but fond memories, especially the four player death matches. Goldeneye came out at about the same time as four of my mates got their first house together and that house basically became a place where we hung out all the time. Huge TV in the living room and Goldeneye multiplayer passed many a happy hour. House rules were applied too (nobody could pick Oddjob, and we had days where no proximity mines were allowed) but I stand by my point that it has dated horribly. Games are not like books or movies, they are still an evolving technology and they have been improved vastly in the decade and a half since Goldeneye was first released. Goldeneye has shitty graphics, a horrible control system (The N64 pad is a terrible thing compared to todays controllers) and no online.

Fond memories, but would you honestly be able somebody who was about to buy their first ever videogame that Goldeneye is the best one available on the market?

Agreed Rev, Although I don't think the controls are bad, I think they still work well, but I agree with everything else.

Oh, and EVERYONE played "you can't be oddjob". That was just cheating.

Â