Best Video Game of all time

Shillzz

Sorry got to mention this one.

Donkey Kong on Atari 2600

Donkey_Kong_2600_ScreenShot1.jpg

Use to spend ages playing it in Asda Aston (Now the Leisure centre) on an exhibition stand whilst my parents did the weekly shop.

Got so many personal faves;

Half life 2

Thief deadly shadows

Oblivion

FF9

Tony Hawks pro skater 2

Pro evo 4

Tiger woods 2003

Mass effect 2

Gta 3

LoZ Wind Waker

Probably loads more but if i had to pick only one then id have to go for FF9.

Always wanted to play that but never did.

It was the sequel, or rather follow up, to "Ico", I believe, and Ico was absolutely fantastic.

Incredible game, should have had it on my list. You really should track down a copy, it's a game that genuinely could be called an experience I think.

It wasn't officially related to Ico in anything other than than the development team and creator, but because of that theres the similarities in style so follow up is a good way to put it.

I'm the opposite to you in that I never played Ico. SOTC is a cracker though. It's a game that is like nothing else I've ever played. It has a lonely peacefulness to it as you wander the landscape, and then the daunting scale of the Collossi.

Would say more but it wold ruin the experience for anyone else playing it for the first time. Could well be one of a kind though, genuinely.

There's a HD remake coming up shortly if you can't track down a PS2 copy, along with Ico.

As good as SotC was (and it was) I always thought the tricky cumbersome controls hampered it a lot. Hopefully with the hd remake they sort it out and make them a bit easier.

I fooking loved Hunter! I had it on the ST iirc and it was utterly fantastic. Being able to wander around and randomly jump in a vehicle just seemed so innovative at the time and you could even swim from island to island. I seem to remember the enemy soldiers AI was pretty advanced for the time too.

Great memories.

• 9 months later...

I thought I'd ressurect this as I'm always interested in what you guys think and maybe it'll give me a few ideas for little gems I may have missed.

Here's some of my all time favourites...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Ocarina of Time

Ico

Shadow of the Colossus

Metal Gear Solid

Final Fantasy VII & X

Skyrim

Deus Ex & Deus Ex: Human Revolution

GTA 3, Vice City and 4

Batman: Arkham Asylum & Arkham City

Fallout 3

Catherine (which is out tomorrow so buy it!)

I think that's pretty standard.

I don't think there's anything particularly out of the ordinary on there.

Â